11th game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 00Tiger, Jan 17, 2005.

1. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Anybody have an Idea of who it may be against.

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Radokovich had a statement last week & basically said it would be a rent-a-win. With N. Texas(3 straight conference champs) & Arizona St already on tap, I'd expect to see a La. school if at all possible. He mentioned that there were two teams "battling" it out for the right to get their arses handed to them. We should here something in the next few weeks.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

how about Grambling?

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

So maybe like a ULL, ULM, or LaTech

5. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

Why not Southern?

I would love to see a battle of the bands!

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I figure it'll be a Louisiana school and being that ULL is scheduled for 2006 and we're already playing a Sun Belt school in North Texas, then that leaves La. Tech, Tulane and ULM as the choices. I'm hoping it'll be Tulane over La. Tech. Tulane at least plays in C-USA which has a better ranking and perception than the WAC. At least beating Tulane is perceived nationally to be better than beating ULM, ULL or Tech.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I had heard a rumor about Southern Miss a few weeks ago, and the fact that they just backed out of a game with Auburn in September due to a "scheduling conflict" may indicate some reshuffling on their end to do a Nov. 5 game with LSU.

Imagine the So. Miss fans would be delighted to make a rare trip to Tiger Stadium this season.

Just speculation on my part.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That is very true, I've had enough of ULM for this century. LA Tech would be ok if they're record is good. But Tulane does offer the best appearances of a game.

9. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

So. Miss would be a formidable opponent, which shouldn't draw criticism from SEC haters who are quick to point out SEC's OOC opponents. We need to repay So. Miss from '94 anyways. La. Tech wouldn't be too bad, remember they beat the So. Miss of the West Coast, Fresno St. Of course, they lose one of the top rushers in the nation in Moats, but they're still no pushover. It would be awesome to get a Big 10 team, I think LSU was the last SEC team to play a Big 10 team during the regular season, OSU in '88.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We're not going to play a big 10 team with Arizona St already on the schedule.