11th game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 00Tiger, Jan 17, 2005.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I wouldnt mind playing La Tech....It would be even sweeter if they could play at shreveport so i could go the game....but we know that will never happen.

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I think it will be Tulane, we played La Tech 2003 season, haven't played Tulane since 2001... I think we would pick them up.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Spokespersons for LSU last year said they wouldn't want to have a heated rivalry here in Baton Rouge so Southern is out of the question. Odd, but they play each other in basketball and baseball...

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Why would LSU ever try to play a non-D1 team unless it is out of desperation because of someone backing out of a game, such as during the 2003 year... Playing Southern or Grambling, while it sounds good and would be fun, would do nothing good record wise and would only give critics of LSU something to whine about.

5. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Dude Kentucky and Indiana play almost every year in football. I'm positive they've played almost every year since the late 1980s and for most of the 90s and few times this century.

6. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

I guess what I meant is two teams from each conference, that don't annually dwell the cellar of their respective conferences.

7. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Yeah, it would be nice for big ten and sec teams to play more, but there is just not much of a tradition or history of those two conferences playing each other for non-conference games. With most teams wanting 3 buy a wins for non-conference it may be tough.

Penn State maybe could be convinced for a home and home with LSU. Once in awhile Notre Dame and Michigan take a two-year break, given that Michigan recruits in Louisiana that could be possible, but with Miles' UM connections who knows if that would happen.

A problem is climate. Big ten teams schedule their non-conference games in September. Rarely once the big ten season starts do they play non-conference games unlike SEC teams who play non-conference games in October and November. It would be tough to convince a big ten team to come down to the South in September due to the humidity and heat. They'll go to California where it's drier. Ideally the SEC team would come up in September and the big ten team would com down South in November to even things up a bit, but the big ten schedule makes that tough.

8. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I'd bet Miles would love to continue playing Stoops with the talent he has now and would continue to have.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Southern Miss is scheduled for 2007, so I don't see them filling the void in 2005.

I'd be shocked if we scheduled anyone other than a rent-a-win team...

10. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

After looking at the schedule, i'm thinking this game will also be homecoming. If so, then it'll definitely be a rent-a-win.

Maybe UAB? :lol:

Sorry, that wasn't even remotely funny! Damn Josh Booty! :nope: