11th Year Seniors...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 17, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/05/17/mailbag/index.html

They both came in in 2001.. they are redshirt seniors.. i dont see the big deal.. not like they are 6th year guys like Jason White was (did he even redshirt any of them?)..

2. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Just saying it seems like they've been here forever...

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

negative, that is not me.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

I think Dusty Dvoracek was granted true freshman status for next year, he'll make the list eventually.

5. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

It's basically just covering players who it seems like we've been discussing these players for a long time, Addai and Carey are good examples. Last season I said the same thing about Ben Wilkerson. This year I'd add Skyler Green to the list.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Changing world. A few years back it was the norm for players to stay in school until they graduated or used up their eligibility. Now it's considered odd. I remember back when McClendon was heading toward the end of he career. LSU's entire offensive line was made up of five players who were heading toward professional careers. John Ed Bradley was one who became a jouranlist. Others went on to become Doctors and Attorneys. I don't think we will ever see that repeated at LSU.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn. Great minds think alike. I was going to say that the proliferation of (really good) players leaving before their eligibility is up makes 4th and 5th year seniors look like graybeards. Oh well, I went and said it anyway. :hihi:

8. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

I think the point isn't just that these guys have been around for five years (or four, like wilkerson), but rather that we've been talking about them for what seems like forever. A guy who was a role player till his final year of eligibility when he becomes a starter doesn't make this list, IMO.

I'm sure opposing SEC teams felt like K Faulk was at LSU for 10 years, since he played such a pivotal role for all four years.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm pretty sure these guys are still in school and playing right???...

Madre Hill-Ark
    Jimmy Brumbaugh-Auburn
    Chris Doering-FLorida
    David Pollack-UGA (hey did you know he and QB David Greene played pee wee football together? Oh , you speak english and watch football, yeah then you would know)
    All Tennessee running backs get 6 years of eligibility along with 7 for their kickers.
    Just to be fair I'm sure the rest of the SEC football world thought players like K. Faulk, H Tyler, and D. Henderson, and Shyrone were at LSU forever. Wait, Shyrone is still here??? Didn't he transfer from Tenn. in '98??

:hihi:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Kinda like Matt Jones.