11th Year Seniors...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 17, 2005.

1. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

does anyone remember RB joe gunn from ole miss? that guy was there forEVER

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

Hell of a motor, that guy... just such a great damn motor. Absolutely motorific.

Motor.

3. MrMacho

MrMacho Freshman

Yeah, it's only a 4-cylinder.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Lets find a motor at LSU then :hihi:

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I was actually thinking about this the other day...weird! But for some reason, I just couldn't understand how Addai was still playing for us.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

In today's college football landscape, where we're seeing a rise in guys getting more playing time as true Freshmen and then leaving for the NFL after their Jr. year, it's strange to see guys like Addai, "battle it out" and work their tails off for 5 years.

It's players like Addai, that make me really love college football. We need more guys with that character, not only here, but in college programs all around the country.

Look what we're getting now?! Blue Chip recruit "X" won't go to school "Y" unless they promise him playing time as a true frosh.

As good as Barrington Edwards is, he told Saban he didn't want to redshirt--he wanted to play as a Freshman. Now, I'm NOT silly enough to think that Edwards forced Saban's hand (NO ONE forces Nick Saban to do anything he doesn't want), but the original plan was to RS Edwards. So, obviously, the coaching staff thought if he redshirted, it would be more benefitial to the team in the longrun....but players that make a fuss about redshirting, like Edwards did, are becoming more and more common.

Spears, Whitworth, Niswanger, Addai, Skyler....Those guys are what makes college football what it is.... Not the Michael Vicks' of the world that leave after their Soph. years.