12 out of 26 signed so far....anybody worried about the rest?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 4, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Getting back to the best recuiting class issue, this is undoubtedly the BEST recruiting class ever from a sheer numbers standpoint.

So those of you saying number 2 are not understanding what I am pointing out. This class is better than 2001 from a ranking system perspective. I am not saying anything more than that. For this class to outperform the 2001 class will be a steep task, no doubt.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yes Bama Dan, some people are believing that is the case right now...

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would wait on ranking them ahead of last years class for a few years, I mean how soon we forget. That class was very special and will prove it on the field I bet!!!

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yep....

5. Bamadan

Bamadan Freshman

I'm hearing that his brother plays for a small school in WV, Dallas. That may have played in his decision.

Congrats so far on your recruiting class. You guys deserve it!;)

6. islstl

My goodness you people don't read I guess.

I give up on this recruiting debate.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I received an email last night telling me that White had changed his mind after talking to the coaches again as he really wants to be a QB and that is very unlikely at LSU.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I understand you're argument, but I don't believe in having a good class solely based on numbers. I think the top 15 of last years class was better than the top 15 of this years class, and that's the way I like to judge a class. I don't believe it's great just because we sign 26 players. I would take a class of only 15 players if every one of those was going to be a starter for us.

9. islstl

But that is not the point. Look at the rankings of these players, count the number of 5 star, 4 star and 3 star players and compare. This is the deepest highest quality recruiting class of all time at LSU. That is all I am saying. They still have to prove it on the field.

But my point is still correct. This is the best class.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Fair enough. I guess it just doesn't feel that way because I'm just not as excited about this class as I was about last years class. I think not having a headliner quarterback is one thing missing from this year's class that was there last year. (Not that we needed one this year) I also don't put too much stock in star ratings. They are a good ball park measure, but in no way are they an undisputable scientific measure of which class is the best.