13th Gate

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscvball, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't often laugh out loud about an internet post but when I do its really funny.

Stay funny my friends

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

While we're on the subject of coffee shops I always wondered why they expect to be tipped. I tip well if I sit down in a restaurant and the waiter gives me good service. Same in a bar, I tip the bartender. And the guy who delivers my pizza. But just because coffee shop employees have the title barista they really don't even work as hard as the people who work at McDonald's or Popeyes. I even saw a tip jar at the counter of a Subway the other day. I don't drink all those fancy lattes and mochfrappachinos. I refuse to throw a dollar into a bucket because somebody spent 20 seconds pouring me a $2 cup of coffee that I have to put my own cream and sugar in

3. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

If I pay with cash at a coffee shop, I'll usually dump the coins I get in change into the tip jar. But that's mostly because I don't like carrying around a lot of coins. And I don't drink the non-coffee drinks either. The most fancy I'll get (and it's what I'm drinking right now still waiting on this dude) is an iced coffee with skim milk and a shot of a syrup.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm in a coffee shop right now. I almost always pay with a card but today I have more cash on me than usual because I returned something I bought at Walmart and they refunded me in cash rather than put it back on my card. If the barista would come over to where I'm sitting and take my order and then bring it to me the way I want it I would be glad to give her a dollar for my $2 coffee. In CC's there isn't even a place on the receipt to write in a tip.

They are screwing their employees but not making it possible to tip by credit card. One time at a Sonic I wanted to tip the girl who skated out to my truck and took my order but I notice that you can' tip on a card there either. I mentioned that to her but she seemed oblivious to the fact that she was getting screwed by Sonic for not making it possible for customers without cash to tip

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

My girls have gone a couple times with friends.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Amigo . . . make it easy on yourself. Wherever you go, there will be carhops, waiters, doormen, barmaids, cabbies, bell hops, housekeepers, homeless vets, red caps, desk agents, and attendants of every ilk to briefly become your your devoted personal staff. Keep a dozen tax-free bucks in an convenient pocket at all times.

When traveling, keep another half dozen sawbucks for bell captains, maitre d', concierges, lap dancers, exceptional bartenders, damsels, bookies, renegade cabbies, bouncers, and assorted petty bribes. $50 or $100 cash will buy you an amazing amount of slack in the third word. And a reasonable amount almost anywhere.

It's the difference between being Whoever the fuck you are and MISTER whoever the fuck you are, sir.

"Is there is anything I can do . . . anything at all?"​