'17 Masters Tee Times and Pairings

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Apr 4, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man I wouldn't have thought he could do it, glad to see Sergio finally win a major and the biggest one at that.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Hello friends.
    Thank you. Thank you very much.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

How can you not feel good for that guy. What a story of perseverance and poetic justice I suppose. I just didn't think he could pull it off.

4. COTiger

I had a feeling in my ample gut that it was Sergio's time. He & Justin had a hell of a battle today. As Justin said in his post round interview, I think he has a green jacket in his future. Now that Sergio has the major monkey off his back, it will be interesting to see if there are more major victories in his future.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. COTiger

If I had to rank them, the PGA would be #4. For each of the other 3, I could make a case for each of them to be #1. I would personally rank them the US Open #1, the Masters #2, & the Open #3.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

For me it's The Masters, it's the only major that doesn't change its course, but I think the British Open would be 2nd or even tied for 1st because of its age, and those courses, St Andrews, Royal Troon...

fanatic and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I vote for the Masters. A tradition like no other. Only one of the majors played on the same course every year. For an American the US Open would have to be #2. For an Englishman the British Open. (Over there they just call it The Open) The PGA always seemed like they said, OK, we need another major to round out the season. Doesn't have the stature or cache of the others.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Love the British bc of the history the smugness of golf in its truest form and the hellacious moon crater bunkers.

And of course John Daly

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. COTiger

The US Open isn't played on muni's, so I think the courses they play are a stern test. They have rough where AN doesn't. I also think the US Open field is stronger than the Masters.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Equal, perhaps but i don't see how it could be stronger. All the best players in the world play in both. True, there is more opportunity for a club pro or an amateur to make the field at the US Open but those guys don't have a prayer of winning or even contending. Every now and then an amateur will be in the top 5 after the opening round but that's as far a it goes once the big guns take over. It would take an amateur robot without a human nervous system to make a serious run with all the pressure.