18 Children Dead From Reports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 14, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What's more dangerous: A car or a gun?

You are substantially more likely to be killed by a car than by a gun.

The annual death highway dealth toll exceeds 40,000, whereas gunshot fatalities in a recent year totaled about 33,000 — consisting of suicides (18,000), murders (14,000) and accidents (1,000) — according to "The Statistical Abstract of the United States" from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The above isn't even an argument, its chit and the simple fact that you are really trying to prove such is absurd. I know I know, you don't drive but notice the wording, dangerous. Not safe, safety, less safe, or more safe. Dangerous.

Big difference my friend. You, being of smartness can increase your safety by a variety of tools. Key word YOU. Not the tool. Its just a tool until used. Used by who? YOU!

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

lmao. Now that is cute.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

What do you think is the relevance of your point? I know the most dangerous thing we do is drive. That's why I don't do it. Instead of doing stupid things like believing guns make me safer, i do smart things like not driving. am the safest person you know. What the relevance is to guns I have no clue.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would think one's chances of being killed by a gun are dramatically increased if you keep guns in your home.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I never attempted to make that point in bold.

The point I made is just because number of people die from something does not inherently make you less safe simply owning one. Safety is relative. It is up to you and you alone to determine how safe you are. Meaning that a safety multiplier is not attached to an item.

The fact that you do not own a car in no way stops some idiot from running you over.

The fact that you do not own a gun does not stop some idiot from shooting you.

Your so called life style might mean something if these things never existed, but they do.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Depends on the user and home.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Red you said it better than I could. Whether the original intent was to have the citizen militia supply his own arms or protect himself on the frontier has passed into obsolesence matters not. The precedent and tradition of having guns is still a fundemental element of our society. While it needs better management it will stay. Frankly I don't see why passing a gun safety and handling course shouldn't be a prerequisite for ALL purchases including refresher courses for multiple gun owners.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Being streetwise can take one around a lot of trouble, don't I know it. But it's going to be a very cold splash of water the first time you look down a barrel or at the grinning faces of half a dozen cholos that want your wallet, amigo.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Red's brought his A game. I've seen him use Hoss & amigo in less than 12 hours. :D

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have mean roundhouse and side kick these days. :)