18 Children Dead From Reports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 14, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Nope. We live in a connected society and I have no friends.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

When I go to Church tomorrow I'll pray your atheist self will have a friend for Christmas.....along with the suffering families of this tragedy.

lsufan52 and gyver like this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Tomorrow is my birthday. For a present will you promise not to pray for me?

4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

You want the PC bullshit of the facts ? I'll give you both. A lot of the military are conservative. They have conservative views. They believe in what the constitution stands for. They have a loyalty to the citizens of the USA. Then there are those that join to get away from whatever shit hole they're from. Unfortunately a lot of these people have been raised to believe in the government. They would blindly follow orders cause they can't think for themselves. SO you would have those that, if given orders to attack fellow Americans, would do it without question. Then there are those that would question that order and say fuck that. Don't believe it? Go down to the enlisted club at your local military base and ask.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My goodness, you knew that poor kid? I always have thought the guy who shot him was a freakin' moron.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Sorry my faith has no boundaries....prayers coming your way, inbound hot!

Oh, and happy Birthday, if its truly your B'day :)

7. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

i agree and i own guns for my safety in this country.

gyver likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The only problem is that is a bullshit quote. Washington never said that.

The actual quote:
    "A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies." --George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)​

9. red55

The officers vote about 65% Republican, but the enlisted men are younger and more liberal. Troops overseas voted for Obama in 2008. Military political donations to Obama doubled those to Romney in 2012. The military reflects the nation and possesses all political beliefs. If you are suggesting that the military would follow some sort of right wing coup, you watch too much television.

Bullshit. I don't believe this. The US military has always taken obedience to orders seriously as well as loyalty to civilian authority. The US military does not have any problems with units or unit leaders refusing orders. Individuals that refuse orders or show disrespect to civilian authority lose their jobs including senior generals at times. Military personnel are not allowed to "defend friends and family first and foremost", that ain't their job. They will receive and carry out orders or suffer the consequences.

Unlawful orders rarely occur and troops do not have to obey them. But such unlawful orders are very specific and troops that refuse them must withstand the scrutiny of military justice and if the orders are found to be legal, a court martial will follow.

10. red55

Interesting set of quotes. Please note that none of them assert a second amendment right to challenge the goverment by military force. The ones that mention a militia at all specifically note "should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

"The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws." --John Adams