18 Children Dead From Reports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 14, 2012.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I spent 20 years in the Air Force from '66 to '86. During those 20 years most of the personnel I served with voted Republican. My guess would be 85 - 90%. But keep in mind I'm talking a small population. Obviously those were different times.

I agree that todays enlisted population are more likely to vote for the Democratic candidate. Just a WAG but I would say somewhere in the 65-70% range.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He should have done time for manslaughter for sure.

Responsibility comes with owning guns and he and his wife were irresponsible. The presence of irresponsibility and freakin' morons is the real danger. You could have woken up with a kitchen knife at your throat or a phone cord around it. It was the presence of the irresponsible freakin' moron that was the bigger danger.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

It is actually my birthday, and all I wanted was for you not to pray for me and you couldn't even give me that. This birthday has sucked.

4. red55

I'm sending you this T-shirt. Happy Birthday, amigo.

[​IMG]

tigerchick46 and COTiger like this.
  5. COTiger

:D

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Red if you think the members of the military would follow orders to attack their own country men you are fucking stupid. I today's military is as liberal as you think then them fuckers are probably to lazy to do shit. Plus. If they voted democrat so heavily then the democrats would've been busting their asses to make sure all of the military votes were counted.

The Military Vote | TIME.com
    nation.time.com/2012/11/05/the-military-vote
    Various yardsticks suggest the U.S. military — or at least the officer corps, which accounts for 17% of the 1.4 million–strong active-duty force ...

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you're a fucking idiot, just because someone votes democratic, doesnt mean they are lazy. Thats like me saying all republicans are racist, see how stupid I sound. Grow up.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you dont even understand what you are saying, you are equating conservative views with believing in the constitution. You are trying to wrap causation to the outcome in many of your wild ass assumptions. You clearly operate off of stereotypes and have no means of creating an original thought, which is sad. People in the military believe in government or they wouldnt have joined idiot. They sacrifice but they also get paid from the government, from tax dollars that they are against raising from people because they are conservative? right because they believe in the constitution that says that congress has to power to tax and raise revenue, right, because they are against government right?

fucking stupid.

9. red55

It's happened already . . . at Kent State in 1970. And guess what, peabrain? Troops received orders and opened fire on unarmed Americans.

Laziness is not restricted to liberals. Only a damn fool would say that.

Did you think this article buttressed your argument? Dude, 17% of the military is a small minority. The article goes on to point out . . .

Outsiders tend to think the U.S. military is made up entirely of blood-and-gut conservatives, à la John Wayne, but there’s little real evidence to back that up. When the Iraq war was launched, the consensus among U.S. military officers interviewed at the time was that 1 in 3 officers opposed it, suggesting they all weren’t gung ho.

“The officers by and large are more conservative,” says an Army sergeant just back from Afghanistan. “But the enlisted tend to be more liberal.”

Or the Pew research graph in it that shows that only 30 to 36 percent of veterans consider themselves to be republicans. 56 to 61 percent consider themselves to be moderates or liberals.

10. COTiger

A minor point of distinction. The troops were Ohio National Guardsmen. And everything I've read since then suggests it was a small (12??) group of Guardsmen that on their on, overreacted and opened fire. A senseless tragedy that should not have happened. Unfortunately, a lot of crazy things happened in the '70s.