18 Children Dead From Reports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 14, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is always something that can be done.

This is true. But we have seen from vaccination that smallpox and polio can be all but eliminated when they were once a normal consequence of nature. We have seen from the seat belt and air bag that deaths from the normal consequences of automobile use can be greatly reduced.

It would be very thoughtless to blindly assume that we cannot take measure to reduce the amount of the slaughter of innocents by lunatics.

Nothing is written. Humans are part of nature and we have advanced to the point of being able to influence nature itself for both good and bad.

2. red55

Have you met many grade school teachers? Not exactly Rambo types. I guarantee you that they would find other work if required to carry weapons and take on intruders with ballistic vests and assault rifles. Get real! We have trained police that are PAID to deal with nutjobs. The teachers need to deal with protecting their children, as they did a good job of in this case.

What you propose would put more nutjobs into schoolteacher jobs. It also puts a ton of weapons into rooms filled with children. Think it through, amigo.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Yeah. We see how well 911 works. Bad guys normally take care of business then off themselves before the police get there. The teachers don't have to be carrying if they choose not to. But it will make a would be killer think twice about his choice of killing fields. And from what I can tell, there is a lot of nut jobs that are already teachers anyway.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If I were a maniac and I knew teachers were allowed to pack heat, guess who is getting blasted first? And then what's gonna happen when the teacher flips his or her melon one day? I think it would probably be a better idea to keep guns out of classrooms.

5. red55

I think we are going to see schools with 10-foot fences and an armed policeman at the entrance and on-campus all day long. It makes more sense than arming teachers.

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I found this response on another website.

I really need to voice my opinion about something:

I'm extremely frustrated at the whole entire fact that schools keep getting shot up. I did two years working in Antiterrorism and part of that was going into public schools and telling these people in the local area to have an Active Shooter Plan and Procedures. I inspected their plans and many of the common mistakes were, "pulling the fire alarm" which is a grave mistake because active shooters target the masses that are in the open.

Today's tragedy is what can happen if the schools don't have an ACTIVE SHOOTER PLAN AND PROCEDURES, and it is also the reason why more people are dead today!

America must start protecting themselves, give the teachers guns, and/or even a PROACTIVE security element protecting the schools and do something about these threats! This should be a job for DHS, local law enforcement, public security, and private hired security.

It is complete bullshit that this keeps happening and everyone keeps blaming it on guns but offer no valuable or viable solution. Gun control is not going to work, because it will disarm the law abiding citizens and keep arms the criminals that will do anything to illegally own a gun! WAKE UP!!!!!!

If any of you are friends or family, of a teachers, or are a teacher, please take my information as gospel, and ask them to take steps to protect your schools, family, and friends. Don't let this happen again! Make a active shooter plan!

The best solution to a future problem is being proactive against and prepared for the possible threat and not reactive to the current treat!

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

the relative infrequency of these sort of attacks will cause lax security and killers will defeat it easily. they will continue at a rate of once every 5 years or so and nothing we can do can stop it.

i dont understnd the psychology well, but i think there are people who are schizophrenic or something and they kill, but they are also smart and do not have any problems defeating security measures at small town schools.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Many schools already to have tall fences. This school in particular, had a very elaborate security system installed. Better than probably any in Louisiana will.

When I heard about the high dollar security system it made me wonder why everyone in that community was so shocked. They felt like they lived in a small community that "it would never happen." Did they spend all that money thinking they had no real need for a security system? Very serious thought.

9. LSUTiga

I don't see how any "ACTIVE SHOOTER PLAN AND PROCEDURE" would've/could've prevented a TEACHER'S SON from gaining access.

10. LSUTiga

Well, I learned today that is not the case. Hard to believe the media would put that out so adamantly when it turns out not to be the case. Regardless, my argument is shot down here so I came to claim.