18 Children Dead From Reports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

My daughter's school has an active security service that started in Aug 2012. I confirmed today that they indeed do carry a sidearm. I'll be petitioning to allocate more funds to security this week.

gyver likes this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I put part of this on his dad, he left the family after the kid turned 18 so he wouldnt have to pay child support and his mother as well for not seeking enough mental health for her child even though she knew he had severe anxiety problems and was called to his schools numerous times. Also, she decided to home school him instead of seeking the proper help. But the onus is on this demon of a person to go and kill helpless children.

if you cant tell, this has really bothered me.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The buck stops at God.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

good answer, sheesh.

4EvrLSU likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We really can't put this on anyone but the shooter. Parents cannot be held responsible for the lunacy of a grown child.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's true. They can't; however, there are a few things that seem odd about Nancy Lanza. Did she know her child was disturbed? Did she know this and still own a half-dozen deadly assault-style weapons? Was she as crazy as her son?

Speaking as a teacher, it's ludicrous to the nth degree to suggest that teachers start carrying weapons. This is simply a knee-jerk reaction to a horrible tragedy.

The Sandy Hook teachers seemed to have used the same procedures that my district has in place. School security measures were ramped up in the aftermath of the Columbine shooting. I'm sure some changes will be made in response to this one, as well. But at some point, we have to realize that we cannot anticipate a madman's moves.

Even before all of the events on Friday, our district now requires our classroom doors to be locked at all times, so that teachers aren't fumbling around for their keys in the event of a lockdown. Hmmm....if the officials don't want teachers fumbling around with their keys, do you think they'd want teachers fumbling around with their guns?

Perspective, folks. Arming teachers is ignorant.

COTiger and red55 like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This is a very good question

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Those questions, while Interesting, do not lead to useful conclusions or plans to prevent future massacres.

People are awful and divorce and neglect and parental failure to emotionally manage kids, and kids that are simply not manageable, that just a constant and nothing can be done except wait for the next slaughter.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Unfortunately, this is correct. How can we truly manage what is going on in someone's house? In their own minds?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

I disagree, this a child still living with a parent whos weapons belong to said parent, knowing the childs issues, but clearly refusing to address them.

4EvrLSU likes this.