1997 Running backs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 12, 2014.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Guess I was wrong!

2. cajdav1

Edgard?

LSUDad likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Speaking of LSU backs... Spencer Ware was arrested for DUI after their playoff win.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Don't forget Tommy "the Tank" Banks...

Kal-El012 likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Second Ward High, now known as West St John

6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

He's in the College Football Hall of Fame and is already one of the great ones, one of 8 from LSU in history. Only four still living. Alexander had all the moves that the sprint draw, the counter option, and the power sweep required. Check the cutback play at 0:38.

7. cajdav1

Oh I know how great he was at lsu for sure. Was tough as a guy could be too.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

About five years ago, the Patriots organization announced their all-time team and created (all-purpose or something?) a spot for Kevin Faulk. Kevin had a long career, especially when you consider high school (starting QB on state championship team as a sophmore), LSU (four years as a starter), and over a decade in the NFL with a plethora of playoff games.

Cecil Collins had some electric highlights but the sample size was so small. In the Miss St and Auburn games, I recall a toss sweep play that they kept calling with Collins that opened some huge holes. Cecil would get a corner or safety coming up to make the tackle and brush him off like a little gnat.

Rondell Mealey had a long career also with a lot of big games in various roles.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My first memories of LSU football were Dalton Hilliard and Gary James. In their freshman year, I didn't fully understand the game of football (think I was 5) but I knew that there was something about this Dalton guy that gave my dad pure joy and excitement. He would be sitting in his chair, then suddenly jump up and yell "Dalton!!!" with a fist pump, look at me and say, "This kid is amazing!!!".

Dalton getting drafted by the Saints and having a few good seasons was a great way to become a Saints fan. In my avatar, I'm wearing a shirt that one of my roomates at LSU made for me with Dalton's #21 and Hilliard on the back. That pic is the only one that I took in the Dome for LSU's win over Oklahoma in Jan 04. I don't think my cell phone even had a camera back then. Seems like both a lifetime ago and yesterday at the same time.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.