1st 2012 Commit: Avery Johnson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, they're a bit scattered out. Some may shirt. Randle may be gone before Johnson ever steps on campus. But yeah, I don't see where we have room at DB.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I can't even begin to describe how big of a pickup this is. This guy has 5* written all over him just like his brother. Not to mention the fact that he's great friends with a blue-chip OT from Florida (his dad is an LSU grad too!)..

We might land two 5* guys from Florida next class. We really need a good season this year though and a win over Florida would go a long ways.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This is pretty huge, this guy was #1 on many list in the state of florida.... wow

Thanks bhelm.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

That silly Miles. Why would anyone want to play for such a buffoon? Much less send two 5* kids from the same family. :lol:

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Think you got the 2012 OT mixed up. Vadal Alexander out of Bufurd, GA is the one who is from LA and dad is an alum. UGA/LSU battle till the end IMO.

Abraham "Nacho" Garcia is the FL OT who is close friends with Avery and who visited LSU on the bus tour.

Both Garcia and Avery are in the top 3 in FL with Avery #1 in the state.

Getting all these guys would be would be something serious and very possible.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I did. Thanks for the correction :wave: Is it looking like a weak in-state class but the potential for an overall outstanding class due to out of state prospects? That's kinda the vibe I get atm.

7. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Peterson's Younger Brother Ely Commits for 2012

I meant Avery...and there is another thread already

Hope it sticks...its the second coming...

LSU gets first commitment for ’12

Wide receiver Johnson follows brother’s footsteps

Avery Johnson spent part of Wednesday at Ely High in Pompano Beach, Fla., captivated by the same daydream as usual.
    He was wearing LSU colors. Playing football before passionate LSU fans.
    Only this time, Johnson stopped dreaming.
    He called LSU receivers coach Billy Gonzales. He told him he was ready to commit.
    “I sit in class every day thinking about it,” Johnson said. “I just picture myself in that uniform and taking the field for those fans.”
    Like his brother.
    Patrick Peterson starred at Ely before signing with LSU in 2008. He enters his junior season with the Tigers as one of the nation’s top cornerbacks.
    It’s unlikely the future Tiger will ever share the field with Peterson, who changed his name from Johnson before his first college season.
    A 6-foot-2, 190-pound junior receiver, Johnson can’t sign with LSU until February 2012.
    And LSU, officially, can’t offer him a scholarship until next summer. But if he’s anything like his brother, the Tigers certainly won’t mind waiting.
    “Every time we work out, we go at it,” Johnson said of one-on-one matchups between receiver and corner.
    Who usually wins?
    “Out of five balls, I probably catch one or two,” Johnson said.
    That’s not bad considering Peterson is a potential first-round pick in next year’s NFL draft.
    Johnson is no stranger to LSU — or Baton Rouge.
    He started at receiver for Redemptorist in 2008 during Peterson’s first college season. He and his parents moved back to Pompano Beach after Peterson was settled in.
    Johnson recalled a 54-yard touchdown reception against Parkview Baptist as the highlight of his brief Redemptorist career. The Wolves pulled off a 28-14, come-from-behind victory to gain a share of the district championship.
    “When you talk about LSU,” Johnson said, “it’s the place I wanted to be. I knew that. I figured, why not go ahead and pull the trigger?”

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What impressed me most in the video is that its from his sophmore year. He has two more years to grow and develop.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, his whole family can commit as far as i am concerned.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looks like 2012 LA could be better than the 2010 class but not as good as 2011. 2013 is going be on par with 2011.