1st 2012 Commit: Avery Johnson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 1, 2010.

1. PBTiger

PBTiger Founding Member

I saw on Facebook he didn't make his grades. He won't be here this year. Well, that leaves one more spot open for another early enrolle.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

Being reported on Rivals as well. Possibly headed to Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia for the fall and try to qualify for enrollment at LSU in January.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not official yet but not looking good as of now. Likely headed the prep route for a year to keep his eligibility clock on hold.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Does this affect 2013 class and how many we can take

5. Milesthebest

Milesthebest Veteran Member

That brings the number from last year down to 21 (23 - Liggins - Johnson). I have never heard of going to a Prep School for 4 months, since January is being mentioned for LSU. If that is the case, obviously it doesn't matter at all since January counts towards the 2012 signees anyway, so back up to 22 in 2012 class. LSU should be able to take 26 this year at least if they want to. To sign more than 25 now in the SEC, you have to be able to have people enrolled in January before the February signing date (technially they sign in January anyway), adhere to the 25 max rule of the previous class, and at no time have more than 85 on scholarship.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Well poop. At some point in time an athlete is going to have to pass a test. I hope he gets it figured out.