2 Bad Calls and 2 No Calls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Sep 17, 2006.

1. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact was still made before the ball was tipped

2. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

You're not reading...nevermind dude.

3. lsufaninmiss

I am not a dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Using that logic, then you can't call interference on LSU when we intercepted the ball. Clearly it wasn't catchable by your WR since it was in the hands of our DB.

The foul happened before the ball was tipped, just like the foul happened before we intercepted the ball. It's a flag in both situations.

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

NO it is not the same thing as an uncatchable ball. If interference happens before the ball is tipped, it doesn't matter how uncatchable the ball is after it's tipped, it's pass intereference. The refs were saying the ball was tipped before the interference happened which is total bull**** if you watch the play. I've watched it 20 times and he is grabbing his legs way before the ball got tipped. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE OFFICIATING ALL DAY LONG.

6. lsufaninmiss

That is what I was trying to say too Scotty

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

There was another call that still has me scratching my head. Jackson punted into the endzone. LSU was flagged for illegal procedure. I'm, thinking, Auburn will decline the penalty and take the ball at the 20 rather than risk a second punt into the coffin corner. Instead, the penalty is assessed after the punt and the ball is spotted at the 25. WTF was that? Can anyone explain?

8. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

It was definitely a questionable call, not denying that. I'm just trying to figure out how the PI was overruled. The tip was after contact, no doubt. If the refs are saying it wasn't, then that's a bad call...

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Another lovely rule change. Whether it's a punt or kickoff, teams now have the option of having the play done over or adding the penalty yards on to the end of the play. If you are offsides on a kickoff, you can have the 5 yards added to the end of the play.

They claim this will speed up the game...

10. cookiebuz

cookiebuz Freshman

When watching this play I saw the referee actually make the PI call. My question is, once they actually call the penalty can they "take it back?" I don't think I have ever seen that.