2 Bad Calls and 2 No Calls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Scoop43

Scoop43 Founding Member

Say heh, TW --- speaking of Rules changes

1. I believe coach Tuberville served on the recent time-shortening Rules Committee and voted FOR the clock-winding changes.

If you're going to include coaches on these committees, can't they at least publish a What-If? list showing the pros-and-cons of any change? It fundamentally changes the game of football when you change the "start of the clock" rules.

2. AuNuma1: Referees are supposed to be able to review flagged plays when there's a question as to timing on bang-bang plays. This should've been done by the donkey - uh, ZEBRA - with the white hat; i.e., ask for a review upstairs to determine when pass interference occurred versus when tipped ball occurred. End of story.

Congratulations to Auburn for sticking to their gameplan and executing a hard-fought victory. But special kudos go (in my mind) to former LSU DC Muschamp for disguising his defense so well as to confuse JR whether they were actually in a Pass D versus really being in a Run D, and vice versa.

I've been an LSU fan since the early 50s (some really lean years back then) and alum from 1961. There's no disgrace in losing a close game - only if you don't leave all your effort on the field.

:geauxtige :lsup: :geauxtige

2. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Re-watch the play, the way I remember it the DB was looking back and then turned his head to deflect the ball. If the ball wouldnt of been intercepted, he would of deflected the ball before making contact.

I remember thinking that the DB was looking over his shoulder at the ball then turned back to deflect it, the only reason the contact was made is because the ball was picked off...

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Well I look at the whole situation like this. The home team is always good for 7. We were robbed of 7 on the no call pass interference in the end zone. So take into account if we played a neutral site Auburn has no points and we have 10. So in the Pete Carrol School of Football Thinking we won...WE ARE 3 AND OH BABAY!!!!

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

He never turned his head around. If he would've there would've been no flag. He did raise his arms up to block the ball but never turned his head around to find the ball. AU would'nt have caught the pass anyway.

The PI rules were applied completely different between this case and the tipped ball at the end of the game. In both cases contact was made prior to the tip and prior to the interception. However, in the latter LSU doesn't get the call. Two examples of controversial calls going against LSU and there were several more. The roles were exactly reversed in these two plays and AU got both of them called for them.