2 QB system failed. .. and so did game plan.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 24, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Our offense actually was moving the ball well in the first half. 3 of the 4 (or 5) possessions were good multi play clock eating drives. Which I think was the game plan - keep CN off the field. The int hurt it was high but should have been caught. That was the deep passing we all wanted to see and it was a buzz and confidence killer. But JJ bounced back, and he had the long drive to close the half - gotta give him props for that.

The third quarter was brutal and we were just hanging on. The half back option TD pass was a great call by some coach (sorry I know that's not PC) to keep us in the game when it was slipping away. In the end we were just physically whipped at the O-line.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

:thumb:

i think my least favorite quality of LSU fans right now is the thought that no one in america should be able to match our talent.

yesterday AU showed that their WR's play better than ours. their O line is better. the RB's are probably even. same with the D-line's. LSU has a better secondary and the special teams are a wash. QB was the biggest mismatch.

this myth has to stop, and it's one that continues because it's fuel against miles for not being able to coach/develop them correctly.

parity is at an all time high. this wasn't state, UK, or vandy. this was AU and chizik is a great recruiter.

3. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

I echo this. We now know that we don't have a capable QB. Period, end of discussion. And the play-calling leaves a lot to be desired.

We know what needs to be done to fix this. Sign Zach Mettenberger. And replace Gary Crowton with a new OC who knows how to coach QB's and make in-game adjustments.

I have always been an LSU Tiger and I always will be.

:geaux:

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

It wouldn't have mattered if Joe freakin Montana would have been QB, in the second half the OLine just rolled over and played dead. You can't say 1 Mississippi and then run for your life or get killed, then pretend to be effective on offense.

But, I am not going to apologize for the QB play either. Although I thought JJ did an excellent job feeling pressure in the first half and making plays with his feet. 80 still can't catch and 18 needs to give that jersey to somebody else before the meaning and legacy of it is ruined.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We started with a great gameplan, which AU obviously adjusted for at halftime. We wanted to keep Newton off the field. By the 3rd quarter we couldn't. You've nailed it all.

6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

It seemed T-Bob spent most of the second half being pushed aside like a wet rag. The AU defensive line got into our backfield before our QB could drop back three steps. No QB is going to be successful with that lack of protection.
    As for our D-line and our defense, Cam was just too strong for them. Multiple missed tackels, linebackers tripping over their own feet trying to keep up with his moves.
    We were just out played at the line on both sides of the ball most of the game. Auburn was simply the better team yesterday - end of story.
    :eek:ldskule:

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm not a big fan of a two QB system and have been hoping to see Lee take over but yesterday was THE FIRST day I thought maybe we were lucky to have it when J. Lee went out with an injury.

To have one come in cold AND green to finish that game would and we wouldn't have been playing for victory. I didn't know at the time how serious his injury to his hand was.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am officially on the Bailey bandwagon. Really it couldn't get any worse.:D

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Hmmm...sounds like '08 all over again.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Go in for a couple of series and sit on the bench for a couple. Go in for a couple of series and sit on the bench for a couple. That's not a recipe for success when it comes to QB's. I can see putting JJ in for some running situations, but the constant shuffling doesn't give either a chance. JJ is absolutely no threat to throw the ball and the 1 million or so people watching the game all knew it. Guess what, so did the D. You might as well put in a real RB and just run the wildcat. With some blocking Lee can pass the ball down field, but he needs blocking and catching. Both were absent from yesterdays game. Miles/Crowton either need to play Lee or run the wildcat and quit switching QBs all the time. Yesterdays offensive disaster definitely did not make a case for rotating both.