# 2 WR?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Aug 16, 2004.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

We know Skyler Green is the # 1 WR. Last year 48 receptions 462 yards and 2 td's not to mention the best punt return man in the nation. Who will be along side him at the #2 wide out? I say Carter b/c of his speed. :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :laflagwav

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Right now it looks like Duane Bowe.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Bowie and Hill if they are healthy. Dont expect any sold #1, 2 or 3 reciever. It will be a committee approach with Green the most used. Something that will factor into who is on the field at any particular time is the type of play that is being run. Green, despite his production last year, is a slot type guy. Expect him to play slot on 2 and 3 reciever formations and beating the hell out of the safety or nickelback but on him. He will likely lead the team in recieving yardage, but he wont be the traditional #1 reciever. I expect the bigger guys to play alot on running plays, since they will match up better for blocking duty.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I would venture to guess it will either be Dwayne Bowe or Craig Davis. Not knocking Xavier Carter or Early Doucet, but neither have ever played a college game, while Bowe and Davis have and have performed well at that. I don't think it would be a good idea to throw in a true freshman like that.

5. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

I have the receivers like this...
    1. Green(although I think he should be slot receiver) 2. Bowe 3. Hill 4. Davis 5. Doucet 6. Hawkins 7. Carter

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Totally disagree. I think it will be Dwayne Bowe. :hihi: :hihi:

Impact wise:

1. Bowe
    2. Green
    3. Doucet
    4. Hill
    5. Davis
    6. Carter
    7. Hawkins

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bowe and Green will start. Davis looks like the third wideout, but we all want to see Hill play and are hoping for the best. Bazell and Giambelluca will be looking for an opportunity, but could be special teamers, mostly. Doucet, Hawkins, and Carter will be trying to earn the backup wideout positions. I think Nick may redshirt one of the freshmen to stagger the class, especially if Hill returns 100%.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We won't have a good idea on the rotation and stuff till they have a few scrimmages but if the spring game is any indication Bowe will be at least the number 2 guy. Skyler has been working real hard in practice on running routes when he knows he isn't going to get the ball and also on running routes more downfield as he has never really done that before.

Look for the Tigers to go deep to him this year after not doing it at all last season except on the UGA game winner. The coaches said he was so used to having the ball in his hands that if he didn't get the ball quickly he was pretty much out of the play.

9. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

You saw last year that Bowe & Davis got a significant amount of playing time even though we had 3 well established starters in Clayton, Devery, and Skyler. Now we have only 1 WR with significant experience (Skyler) and 2 with a combined total of 16 receptions (Bowe & Davis). That's why I think Early Doucet can and will contribute a ton. From the practice I saw on Sunday, he looks like the most polished route runner of the rest. We'll see Amp Hill as well. I don't think Saban will have a problem playing Carter & Hawkins either, but we'll see.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It will be interesting to see which of these receivers can block downfield ala Clayton. Haven't seen a lot of that from Green, who is a small receiver. Bowe has the size. Who knows about the freshmen.