2001 LSU defensive playbook on E-bay

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayareatiger, Jun 8, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Check THIS out, folks....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2024&item=3682080639&rd=1

Seller: "LSU defensive playbook that is used by Nick Saban and his LSU staff. It is well over 300 pages and goes over all details and more. One of the most comprehensive playbooks that I have ever seen. Would be a great addition for any coach"

No bids yet???????

I can't believe that EVERY COACH in Division 1-A football isn't looking for this now!!!!!

Of course, Nick & Muschamp have probably changed it all by now, anyway....

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The playbook seller is in Seattle where Mark Emmert is headed to be the chancellor of the U of Washington.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Who cares if this IS legit?

Aside from a bowl game or the first game of the season, there is no way that an opposing team could even come close to figuring out (pre-snap) and countering/audibling to counter LSU's defensive plays in less than 7 days (or 14, in the case of an off-week).

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

No one has the speed we have in order to execute our defense anyhow.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Nick certainly has the cash to buy it, if it bothers him. I bet he'd be curious about whose name is penciled in it.

6. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

defensive coordinators EVERY summer exhanged information.

Last summer i believe LSU and Oklahoma exchanged information.

There is nothing in that Playbook that Division 1-A coaches don't already know.

7. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Founding Member

Here's another version from someone in Florida.Oh, and this one has over 400 pages! He must have grabbed an extra PDf file from Nick's computer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2024&item=3681325435&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Looks legit to me. As an aside, I'm thinking of using ebay to sell my ocean front property in Bunkie. Oh, and my boar hog that has tits. I have no use for either.

It never ceases to amaze me what you'll find posted on the internet. Even more amazing that that, however, is the number of idiots that believe everything they read online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2024&item=3681325435&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

When you get that CDROM and you put it in your system and you hear Puff The Magic Dragon playing instead of an old NCAA Defensive Playbook, don't look at me. I'll be the first one to call anyone who buys this an Idiot.

Man, I sure as hell hope we're not running the same defense we did as in 2001!

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

No doubt.

I posted this auction because:
    a) I think that it's comical, because a 2001 playbook probably means nothing now even if it IS legit
    b) I wonder - who did it come from if it IS legit?

E-bay can be a wonderful tool, but like any other place you buy things from,
    it's caveat emptor (let the buyer beware!)

10. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Founding Member

touché bayareatiger...