2003 defense vs 2010

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 13, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Creativity, Tirk.

See, it does come natural to some.

2. islstl

that's about all the proof I would need to see

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh i sit corrected. I thought I was being objective since my eyes told me those were flip flopped from watching the games. I need to pay closer attention but I have missed a few opening kickoffs. I owe steffi graf(f)s kid an apology. props to the west german.

believe it or not she did that by accident.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

oh now he's not just white he's german, you ultra racist!

but in reid's defense, dude has been pretty solid as well.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no, no, this ones on me. I pride myself in the details. this is what happens when you drink watered down tea during games. you miss all kinds of ****.

but since it worked game 1, im stuck with it til we lose. superstitious people like me are retarded.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Don't believe that for a second, guys. I've already called his mommy to tell her he's staying late today.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i have a friend that went outside when we were watching the LSU-bama game in '05, LSU started looking good, and he stayed outside the rest of the game. to this day, he'll leave and stop watching partially because he can't take it, and partially because he's the most superstitious guy i know. (he never saw the last 5 min of the UF game this past weekend). didn't see the end of the NFC cg last year.

8. islstl

That's never happened to me with a football game (be it LSU or the Saints). Although I watched the NFC CG at a Saints sports bar down here and they had the picture on a big screen projector outside in a parking lot. I was so stressed out on the drive in OT, that by the time we attempted the FG, I had backed up so far away that I could barely make out if Hartley had made the kick. I just relied on everyone's reactions.

It has happened to me was with the Astros in the 04 and 05 seasons. 2004, Game 7 vs St. Louis, Roger Clemens on the mound, Astros up 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Heart of the order up for St. Louis, and I decided it was time to walk my dog, as I could not take it anymore. I stayed out just long enough to come back and find out he had just given up 3 runs in the inning, capped off by a 2 run homer to Scott Rolen, essentially dashing the hopes of all Astros fans. I did it again in spots during the 05 run all the way through to the World Series. It's all a blur now, I can't even remember the parts I skipped.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I meant it as in we can't lose more than 1 game to really compare the defenses. The 2003 D was great because with a great offense, it won us a championship. Right now, it is too early to say but if they continue and we win out, 2010 will be better because of the subpar offense. If we don't win the championship or go to a BCS bowl, I would go with 2003 because of what it helped us accomplish.

10. batiger

batiger Founding Member

Why does the Team have to lose a game before you can compare the DEFENSES? The defensive stats are the stats regardless of Wins/Losses!

If you want to compare the accomplishments of a team, one of the things you might look at would be Wins/Losses.

1 person likes this.