2003 Thread - SINCE IT'S RECRUITING TIME....BIGGEST FLOPS IN LSU HISTORY -- ANY SPORT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Joe Ferguson (The White Knight) followed Bradshaw and QB'd Woodlawn(SHV) to a State Championship. He then went on to Arkansas and handing the ball off to OJ Simpson in Buffalo.

Your story on TBradshaw could be right. There have been many offered. He also reasoned that he would be more effective in a dropback passing offense than the Sprint Out type attack that Cholly Mac was running. He found the more "wide open" offense at LATech more to his liking.

Stan Humphries graduated from Southwood (SHV again, there is a pattern here.) in 1984. (I think) I think he may have beaten Hodson to BR by a year or 2.

Thankfully Bert Jones and David Woodley were good North LA. QBs who made the trip to Baton Rouge and stayed.

2. Tiger Trey

More on Curley

Recruited Marshall Faulk to play at LSU as a defensive back.

Great evaluator of talent !!!!!!!!!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: More on Curley

If I remember right, right out of high school Marshall wasn't your prototypically size for a RB. We all know now how well he has bulked up and become a great RB. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bradshaw was 6 foot 4. LSU backed off because he was too short to play QB? Yeah, right. And he failed his ACT on purpose so he could go to a division II school? Sure, absolutely. LSU's sprint out attack wasn't suited to him, so he went to Tech? Well, didn't LSU let Bert Jones drop back and pass.

Terry wrote a biography and tried to change history. He isn't the first. He's kind of sensitive that people think he's dumber than a bag of hammers. He's a millionaire Hall-of-Famer with four Super Bowl rings and doesn't need to prove anything, in my opinion.

Stan Humphries transferred to Northeast after he was dismissed from the team in a argument with his coach over a team rule violation. I think this was just after his freshman year, he could have been great at LSU, but was immature at the time.

1 person likes this.
  5. JD

JD Founding Member

Re: perquoet came from.....

I believe parquet enrolled at memphis. he wasn't that highly regarded anyway.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Of course, while Bert Jones was a stud pro and college QB, he did platoon for a long time at lsu. Most major college schools didn't pass much back then.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Cholly Mac had a season in the 1960's when his QB went down and he had no backup QB that was ready. He swore after that that he would never be caught with only 1 experienced QB. He consistently played 2 QB's after that and never got caught without a QB again.

When he had a superstar like Bert Jones he maybe should have played him 80-20 instead of 50-50. But Jones was in the game when he needed to be, Coach Mac just wasn't concerned about hurting Berts stats. It surely didn't keep Bert Jones from being a #2 draft pick.

I think any coach would be smart to play his reserve QB at least one series in every game.

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Bradshaw

Terry Bradshaw was going to LSU because of the pressure of the Golden Boy going to the State School but Terry always wanted to go to La Tech. Terry found out that he had to take a test to get into LSU at that time and LSU was the only school that you had to take a entrance exam to get into in those days. So he went down took the test and failed (on purpose he says) then he was able to go to La Tech where he always wanted to go. Terry Bradshaw has told this story on TV.

Trey Prather never played at LSU he was in Vietnam by his freshman year in College so for someone to say Bradshaw was afraid of going to LSU because Prather was at LSU is way off base. Although from all reports that I have heard Prather was the best of the Three Bradshaw Ferguson being the other 2.

Terry Bradshaw, Joe Ferguson and Robert Parrish all at Woodlawn High School at the same time. WOW

9. BeMore Tiger

BeMore Tiger Freshman

Baksetball

Remember when Nikita Wilson threw the ball down court to John Williams and it went out of bounds giving GA the ball under the goal with 2 seconds left. DUH!!

10. Tiger Trey

I think that we've proven

that it's dangerous to pick Terry Bradshaw's brain !!