2003 Thread - SINCE IT'S RECRUITING TIME....BIGGEST FLOPS IN LSU HISTORY -- ANY SPORT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Cecil the disel was great on the football field. The short time he was there. He was a total failure every where else. He is one very sick person and needs to remain in jail.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Cecil the "Diesel"

Yeah, I was in school at LSU during Cecil's time. I definitely never heard anyone attempt to defend him in any way. A girl I went to high school told me a story about him once. She and a couple of friends were hanging out at their apartment one night (no more than 5 girls) probably watching 90210 or something. Cecil and a couple of his "boys" thought they would stop by. Cecil kept saying, "Who wants a piece of the Diesel?" Anyway, they stayed past their welcome and one of the girls went to bed in one of the back bedrooms. Of course, Cecil made his way to the room and started rubbing her thigh until she woke up. That's when they made everyone leave. Shortly after that, Cecil started making news with all of his incidents.

3. kdeuce

kdeuce Freshman

Re: Bradshaw

At Woodlawn, Terry Bradshaw played behind Trey Prather and didn't start until his senior year (after Prather had graduated). Bradshaw has said he didn't want to go to LSU and face the prospect of sitting on the bench for three years behind Prather.

That's incorrect. He and Freddie Haynes played QB for the Tigers in the 28-7 loss to Florida in 1966.

Coach McClendon had chosen Haynes as his starter that year because he was a running QB. Prather was a drop-back passing QB.

Coach McClendon brought Prather in to relieve Freddie Haynes when the Tigers could not score against Florida in 1966.

Ocala Star-Banner
    October 23, 1966

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: Bradshaw

Bradshaw has also said on numerous occasions that he wasn't smart enough to get into LSU.:yelwink2:

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Re: SINCE IT'S RECRUITING TIME....BIGGEST FLOPS IN LSU HISTORY -- ANY SPORT

Ferguson and Jones graduated from high school the same year, and were destined to go to different colleges.

Ferguson ended up at Ar-kansas, and Jones chose LSU, negating any chance LSU had for Ferguson.

Being that Jones was LSU's first consensus All-American QB, I think we got the better deal. :thumb:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't believe Carroll ever played at LSU. His brother Harold did.

Collins wasn't a bust. He was the real deal. Unfortunately he was also a criminal.

Does anyone remember the all everything WR out of John Ehret in the early 80s that never did squat in college? Tyrone something.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How bout Ryan Perrilloux and Xavier Carter. Hallman had to have been a bigger flop than Archer didn't Archer have an 11 win season.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

He played 3 years in the NBA and spawned NBA All-Star and 2-time NCAA champion Al Horford. I wasn't alive at the time so I don't know what was involved with is recruitment at LSU but he had a successful enough career at Miami to be a second round pick.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Johnny Hector!

10. hadskey76

hadskey76 Founding Member

Re: I have to say.....

Ed Reed - University of Miami