2003 Thread - SINCE IT'S RECRUITING TIME....BIGGEST FLOPS IN LSU HISTORY -- ANY SPORT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 16, 2003.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What I meant was we let him get away. I watched every HS game that kid played in and could only hope he was in P&G one day. Never happened. :dis:

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Hallman was far worse than Mike Archer. Archer won a title and after LSU held jobs in the NFL and in college football. Hallman got fired at a high school. And on a personal note, Mike Archer was a classy guy and Hallman was like school in the summer time - no class.

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Re: Biggest basketball bust

Derron Parquet did go to Memphis and got in a bunch of trouble along with a teammate for his part in a stolen SUV that they set afire.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Terry admitted on National TV on the night of our NC in 2003 tht he signed to go to LSU but failed the test.

Pettway, I believe was the name of the All American linemen from Florida that stayed four years and never played.

Another bust was Tyrone Malone, if I remember correctly. He was an All American Linebacker out of Texas that signed with LSU. I don't think he ever made a tackle. Transferred to Texas A&M and played the same there. His best effort, that I saw, was waiting until someone made a tackle then lay on top of the pile.
    Wasn't there a highley touted linebacker out of W Monroe, McConathy? that Dinardo signed. His dad had him transfer because he wasn't being used properly. He never did anything in college.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I've got a friend who claims Tim Pope was the most talented player on the team from the minute he stepped on campus. This friend was an O-Linemen on the team for 5-years and still maintains that Pope was an unbelievable player.

So, I guess he'd be the biggest in recent memory for me.

6. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

CB Erin Damond? from Bogalusa comes to mind as a bust...

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i understand the sentiment here, but is it really OK to call a college kid a flop or a bust? i mean, i can understand calling a professional a bust, but it's a pretty hard transition from high school to college... i'm not a politically correct guy by any means, but.... as you were, gentlemen! :redface:

oh, and btw, i read ed dangerfield's name on the first page.... since he is probably the only decent player to come out of morgan city high school in the last 25-30 years, it sucks that he was hurt and never reached his potential. that dude was fun to watch when i was younger.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

He's in the NBL hall of fame in Australia now. Play for the olympic team too.