2004 - A Review of Les Miles First Season (Hypothetical)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by uscpuke, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

That's more or less the impression coach Saban tried to portray, but I believe that with coaches of coach Saban's caliber things almost never happen by accident, that they are to a large extent engineered, and while some people may focus only on the here and now and miss seeing the nuances of the big picture, I believe coach Saban was truly working hard at making LSU a better and more dominant program in the longrun and for the future. However, as one of the the elite and most respected football coaches in the country it would have been a major defeat for coach Saban - not to mention the LSU program - had he lost the most highly recruited football athelete to come out of the state of Louisiana in decades. Additionally, I definitely wouldn't go so far as to suggest that coach Saban deliberately "threw the season", but I would suggest that things may have been done to influence certain individuals. Have you ever heard of the law of unintended consequences? Perhaps this past season and coach Saban were both its unintended victims.