2004 open date

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigrman, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Lump

Lump Founding Member

If we are going to play patsies like Houston and Troy State, it should be for the first few games of the season, so we can get the kinks worked out before playing the big boys. It makes no sense to play these kind of teams in the middle of the season. Maybe Troy State or Houston will move their game with us up, so we don't have to open the season without a warmup. Remember Va. Tech? Remember A&M? LSU always plays flat the first game or two....it's better to play flat against Troy State than against reasonable competition like Syracuse, OSU or Clemson.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I was just making the example of why a team with a better record from a lower conference can be better than playing a mid-tier team from one of the BCS conferences. Give me two teams that you think is a better example?

3. DarkHornet

And in a perfect world their would be no war...

I've already stated that I would love to play only 6 games at home on these 11 game seasons to allow us to play top tier competition. The problem is that will not happen. The only way LSU seems to be willing to schedule someone is if there is no return date. I don't agree with that policy, but that's the way it is.

By playing some of teams in the MAC, Sun Belt, WAC, or Conf USA that will probably win there conference, like a Louisville or something, you will get a big boost in SOS, AND you probably won't have to have a return game. If we can get Oregon State without giving them a return game, that would be an ideal situation. I just don't see that happening.

If you are going to HAVE to give someone a return game, then I want to play someone like USC, or Texas, or another top team. I don't agree with giving up one of our rare road games to Arizona State. Those should be reserved for the best of the best.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That would be perfect in my mind.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree with that, if you are going to play on the road go play where you can get a good $ return via exposure, T.V., etc. while also making it very attractive to your fans. AZ ST hasn't really been good for a while so I was surprised to see us schedule them; at least Arizona was 10-1 when we scheduled them for this year. USC would be a blast and of course it would have been nice to have contuinued our N.D. series for the past 6 years or so, I think we would have won most of them at least.

6. DarkHornet

Do you mean 12 game seasons? Because we only have 3 OOC in 11 game seasons.