2004 schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Mar 25, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I haven't posted in a while so I don't know if this has been discussed, but has anyone looked closely at the 2004 schedule? We play Auburn at Auburn, then a bye, then we play Georgia at Georgia, and then Florida at Florida. Considering we will face a good Va Tech team that will place us hard, is anyone else worried about a below .500 record going into the Miss. State game? I mean I know its early to start worrying, but that is an awful time to have three of your hardest games in a row. All being played away none the less. Any thoughts? Worries?

2. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

You're right. It's a brutal beginning schedule. Coach Saban's philosophy of conditioning and avoidance of excess contact seems designed more for a strong finish to a season than to be at peak form at the start of a season. I agree with his philosophy but 2004 is a season that the Tigers better be in top form right out of the gate.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Everyone, including myself, expects '04 to be probably one of the best years in LSU football history. If you want to compete for NC's then you gotta beat em at home and on the road. So all I really have to say is bring it on.

4. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

I wouldn't be surprised if by the 2004 opener, the schedule hasn't changed. The way TV moves games, and teams constantly cancelling contracts, the schedule in 2004 may be juggled around a little bit come next year. But if it doesn't change, it just means the Va Tech game becomes that more important.