2005 recruits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutygr06, Jul 27, 2003.

1. lsutygr06

lsutygr06 Founding Member

St. Thomas More softball star Duhon commits to LSU

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    [email protected]
    Advocate sportswriter

Things can progress somewhat rapidly in the recruiting game.
    Just ask St. Thomas More's Quinlan Duhon.

A day after having LSU softball coach Yvette Girouard for an in-home visit, Duhon made an unofficial visit to LSU's campus and returned home that evening having wrapped up the process.

"LSU's just a perfect fit," Duhon said. "For me, it's an hour away where my family can come and see me play, and it's a great school."

Duhon, a first-team Class 4A All-State catcher as a junior, became the second commitment for LSU's Class of 2005 and will sign Nov. 12 during the NCAA's early-signing period.

Duhon, a 4.0 honor student, joins catcher Killian Roessner of Manasquan, N.J., as LSU commitments.

"LSU's a first-class program with classy coaches," said Duhon, a projected outfielder at LSU. "They have some of the best facilities. I was blown away to see the facilities they can offer to athletes."

A three-year starter at Lafayette's St. Thomas More, Duhon moved from left field as a freshman to catcher the past two seasons, replacing current LSU catcher Leigh Ann Danos -- also an All-State selection for the Lady Cougars.

Hey i Found this in the advocate... just about 2 recuits for 2005 softball seasoN! Enjoy! GeAUX TIGER SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duhon, 5-foot-6, batted .456 last season with a career-high 11 homers and 47 RBIs, earning her second consecutive District 5-4A Most Valuable Player honor in the process.

"I started to develop that part of my game the fall of my sophomore season and things started to click offensively," Duhon said of her new-found power. "I reaped the benefits of all that. It shows you what hard work can do in the long run."

Duhon has also been a member of the Louisiana Reflections, a Lafayette-based travel team that will take part in upcoming national tournaments in Beaumont, Texas, and Salem, Ore., before concluding the summer.

"All of LSU's athletic teams compete on a national level and have won a lot of championships," Duhon said. "That's my main goal. I want to come in as a freshman and to help make an impact not only athletically, but academically. I want to help the softball team get back to the College World Series."