2006 is a rebuilding year.. So why all the rage?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Victory4LSU, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

At the end of last season I remember hearing a radio interview with Turtle and he stated that if fans were unhappy with the 05 team/season they better hang on becasue the 06 season was going to be a rebuilding year. Smoke also said the same about the 06 season during the fall of 05........ Talking to others I have found that quite a few realize that this was going to be the case this year.

SOOOOOOOO why the big suprise the team isn't setting the sec on fire?
    Why all the rage when it was made very clear that the 06 season was a rebuilding year?

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

With good recruiting, there are no rebuilding years. With good coaching, even young teams perform.

Instead of wondering if we'll win, I'm wondering how bad we'll get beat.

3. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

victory,

I wouldn't have a problem with a rebuilding year if we were seeing improvement throughout the year. However, this team just gets worse and worse each week.

Look at Tulane!! They started out in a very similar position to LSU this year, but they're tearing it up right now. Ole Miss started out really poorly too.

LSU IS NOT IMPROVING BECAUSE OF PISS POOR COACHING!!!!!!!!

4. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

I'm with cajun here, if the team were improving each week, yet still losing, it would be one thing. But this team goes from taking 2 of 3 from a top 10 team, to being swept by an unranked one. Granted Ole Miss has a good team this year, we have the talent to atleast pull out 1 game.

Any young team will struggle throughout the year, but a good coach knows how to get the most out of his talent. And you know, maybe the most out of this team isn't a birth to the CWS, it may not even be a trip to a Super Regional. But it da*n well isn't not making the SEC Tourney. We have enough talent to atleast finish 8th in the SEC. That is where I find a lack of coaching. I, just like everyone else I'm sure, is beyond frustrated with this team, and is just looking for someone to pin point the struggles on. And Smoke is an easy target. Are all the people calling for his head warranted, well I'll say this year is a wash already, so lets see how he does in the final 5 SEC series, if they continually get worse, time for a change. But maybe (I'm tryin to be positive here) he can pull the guys together for a solid stretch run.

Either way I'm behind em, so GEAUX TIGERS.

5. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Baby steps, baby steps.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

No rage here, just apathy. :D

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

LSU Baseball will be "re-building" for some years to come, Folks.

You can rest assured that I'm right about this.

8. jibboo

jibboo Founding Member

And let me guess... the young guys have to come along because it takes three years to learn the system. Where have we heard that before?:dis:

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Good coaches don't rebuild, they reload.

10. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

That is just a CYA statement. The thing is Turtle has gotten outrecruited by coaches both in this state and in the surrounding states. The other half of it is the players we do get aren't developing for whatever reason. People like Justin Meier, Clay Dirks, and Will Harris have gotten worse the longer they have been here. Like someone else pointed out, Ole Miss is in a rebuilding year as they got cleaned out by the draft and lost top talent like Stephen Head. The difference is Bianco has his !@#$ together and is eating Bertman and Smoke's lunch.