2006 is a rebuilding year.. So why all the rage?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Victory4LSU, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Sometimes they do have to rebuild, but two points need to be made here.

To "reload," the coach must have accomplished something the year before.

Also, even if rebuilding is necessary, last place in the SEC is not rebuilding!

6 years from National Champions to cellar-dwellers.... I sure hope our football team doesn't take this turn as well, because it apparently doesn't take very long.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

A rebuilding year is ok every now and then, but last place in the SEC is way beyond a rebuilding year. We are on the verge of sucking.

3. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Our recruiting class that Turtle has pulled in for next year we will definantley be at the top next year.

4. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

just the kind of loser mentality we need. sooooooooo pump that sun some where else. it might be all good since brady was rebuilding for 8 yrs though.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Sorry but there are enough vets on the team for LSU to be doing better than this. Coaching is the problem.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

LSU baseball is not suppose to rebuild, we reload.

Last year was the first time we didn't make it to a SR. The way things are going this year, we won't make a regional. That hasn't happened since 1988.

We're definately heading in the wrong direction...

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Maybe we can play in some USSSA tourneys and maybe we can win some games their.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Maybe we could get Ron Polk in to replace Smoke...:eek: :dis:

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I'm mad over the 6-12 mark we have. The Ole Miss sweep sent me over the edge though

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I think it is just frickin hillarious how all of you so-called fans can't see the writing on the wall. LSU is way behind the mark in the SEC. While LSU was winning games (championships) by virtue of the longball, other teams in the SEC were devising plans on how to be successful in their own right. You started to see new, fancy, state-of-the-art facilities pop up around the country to lure-in recruits and fans. You started to see teams give more attention towards fundamentals and pitching. All the while, LSU continued to play its own style of ball, won a final title in 2000 and now finds itself WAYYYYY behind the 8-ball. Everyone knows that Gorilla ball is long gone. LSU's coaches need to help nurture these young players that we have. They need to help boost their confidence because it seems, to me, that some of the veterans are jumping ship and trying to revert back to gorilla ball. This team just keeps falling behind instead of getting better. I might get blasted for this, but LSU's pitching with the exception of guys like Ainsworth, Mestepay, Determann, etc over the years was never too impressive. Sure, we had guys with tremendous potential, but what happened? I hate to pick on players, but we have too many busts.

I also see a LOT of the great talent in this state ending up at other SEC schools. I won't name any names, but it seems like every SEC team has at least one contributing player on their team from LA.