2006 Nonconference games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoubengal08, May 30, 2006.

1. bayoubengal08

bayoubengal08 Founding Member

Tulane
    Fresno St.
    UL-Lafayette
    Arizona

All easy wins?

2. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

ULL 35+ win...
    &
    Should beat Tulane by 40+ (unless they improve from the almost upset of 1-AA Southeastern in Tiger Stadium) then change it to 30+

Zona and Fres should be competitive games in two different aspects (Zona be a lower scoring affair campare to Fres), but the Tigers pull away late for comfortable victories.

3. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Fresno and Arizona will not be easy wins...The rest, yes.

P.S. Welcome to Tiger Forums!

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Unless it rains or we have a hurricane. But in reality yes. This team should win these games by a bunch.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Arizona is a team I'll keep an eye on this year. Not as a fan, but wondering how long, or if, it will take Mike Stoops to turn this program around.

He's known for defense and they return 10 starters on D. But, having only won 4 Div. 1 game over his past two years makes one think they'll have a great year if they make it to a mid-Dec. bowl game.

The biggest thing I pull out of this schedule is the Zona game will be a good test/scrimmage for your offense.

Zona was outscored 3 to 1 in the 4th quarter last year. By that, I think LSU takes it late by @10.

6. bayoubengal08

bayoubengal08 Founding Member

Tulane and ULL don't have a chance. As for the other two, Arizona and Fresno St. will be stiff, but LSU's talent eventually takes over. Arizona has surprised people including last year with a win over UCLA, so we just need to not look ahead when we play them.

7. TulaneGator

TulaneGator Freshman

Gator fan here who recently moved to Louisiana for grad school. I've never been to Death Valley and was hoping to make it for the Tulane game. I'll also be in the Swamp when LSU heads to Gainesville.

Anyway, my question right now is about tickets for the Tulane game. They're easy to come by, I'm hoping? And would my best bet just be to try and buy them outside the stadium before the game? Thanks for any help! Now that I'm in this state hopefully I'll make it to a few "good" LSU games, as well.

8. TulaneGator

TulaneGator Freshman

P.S. What's up with your home schedule next year? Seems like all of your games against decent teams are away, with the exception of MAYBE Bama, but I think that should be an easy win as well.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Arizona should be more than just a decent team this year, and they were coming off an 11-1 season when contracted to play them. Fresno St could end up beinf more than a decent team to, depends on how well they replace some key starters, ask USC, Oregon, etc. if they believe Fresno is a tough opponent.

As for the SEC part of the schedule, that's just how it works out in the even years right now.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have only two comments:

Miami of Ohio
    Alabama Birmingham

Sometimes a chump will catch you coasting.