2008-09 NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 28, 2008.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

AFC: Titans, Steelers, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, Ravens

NFC: Giants, Panthers, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons, Eagles

Who makes it to SB?

I was thinking Steelers in AFC, but with big Ben's injury today im not sure. I think the Ravens have a really good chance to make it.

NFC im thinking Panthers or Eagles. I don't think the G-men can repeat.

It should be an interesting playoffs.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Colts vs. Panthers

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I got the Eagles doing what the Giants did last year and make it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Best defense heading into the playoffs. Now it's just on McNabb and company to put together 3 solid offensive perfomances.

AFC, I have to go with Tennessee. Two home games and they are in. I think they will do it.

4. islstl

Colts draw worst possible matchup. The dreaded San Diego Chargers. I know they finally beat them earlier in the season, but the Colts will be one and done in the playoffs.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

How about Eli vs Peyton?

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

6. islstl

It's possible.

If the Colts get past San Diego, they have a shot. Giants couldn't ask for a better road.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Titans and Falcons

But could you imagine:

Dolphins vs Falcons 2 of the worse teams in the NFL last season playing for the title!

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

An 11-5 AFC team stays home while an 8-8 AFC team gets a home game:huh:

And people say the college system is phucked up?
    Really?

Half of the games this weekend are home games for the team with the WORSE record!!
    Congrats to the Colts. Tied for 2nd best record in entire NFL and have virtually no shot at hosting a playoff game this year.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I was thinking the same thing. Think about all the LSU fans (or any other college fan) that would piss and moan if their team had a good enough record to get into the playoffs but were rejected. A 10-2 LSU misses the playoffs or an 11-1 USC misses the playoffs... they'd be calling for the BCS all over again. No fair!

10. clair

clair Rockets

Eagles at Viks - Eagles

The Vikings are entirely too one-dimensional and are only a product of a terrible division.

Falcons at Cardinals - Cardinals

I can't see Matt Ryan winning on the road in the playoffs. I know the Cardinals are struggling, but the Falcons' defense isn't all that great. If the Cardinals hang 24 on the board, can the Falcons match it? I don't think so.

So then it's:

No. 6 Eagles at No. 1 Giants

See also: Week 14. Eagles win again

No. 4 Cardinals at No. 2 Panthers

Tough one to pick, because I think the Panthers are the most overrated team in the NFL. But I'll go with them, b/c I think the Cardinals are high on that list, too.

So then:

No. 6 Eagles at No. 2 Panthers

If it's cold, wet, rainy, etc..., the Panthers' running game gets a major boost. But I think the Eagles' trio of dominant DB's will be able to contain Smith and they'd be able to do just enough to contain the run to win the game.

NFC CHAMP: Philly

AFC:

No. 6 Baltimore at No. 3 Miami

Both teams will want to win ugly. But I can't see the Dolphins moving the ball . . . at all, on Baltimore. Assuming the Ravens don't have multiple turnovers, they win.

No. 5 Indy at No. 4 San Diego

The Colts have won 9 in a row. The Chargers secondary sucks. Norv Turner coaches the Chargers. Next.

So then it's:

No. 6 Baltimore at No. 1 Tennessee

Two teams who want to play the same way. I trust Collins more than I do Flacco, though.

No. 5 Indy at No. 2 Pittsburgh

There's no defense in the NFL that will totally take down Manning and co. The Steelers know this as well as anyone as they gave up a home-game season high of 24 to Indy in November. I like the Colts' offense better than the Steelers' defense and I trust Bob Sanders' and co. to control the Pittsburgh offense.

So finally:

No. 5 Indy at No. 1 Tennessee

If it comes to this, it's easy pick'ins for the Colts. The Colts aren't the same team who lost at Tennessee in October. And frankly, I don't think the Titans are the same team either -- I think they're a little more vulnerable.

So I got a Superbowl of:

No. 5 Indy vs. No. 6 Philly

And if it goes down this way, McNabb will choke hard and Indy would win.