2008 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Apr 26, 2008.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Definitely, as much as I wanted dorsey, that was too much to give up especially when you can do this to get Ellis.

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

We got a 5th rounder out of the deal, as well, giving up a third. Great trade if you ask me.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

That was actually a smart move by the Saints. Im still hoping we get Shockey or get Fred Davis. They still need to get DBs

4. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Well, I have spent the last ten minutes or so on a Chiefs board reading from the start of the draft thread. The vast majority of the posts were either 1) prayers, 2) curses, 3) both, as the fans watched teams pass up Dorsey or as NO tried to trade up for him. Followed by pages of fans celebrating about how KC didn't **** it up for once, and that they got the best player in the draft this year. They really wanted him. That makes me feel awesome.

Fav post so far: WPI is reporting the chiefs trading #5 tothe saints for jamall brown, reggie bush, marques colston, two firsts and a second, a half dozen oysters, a crawfish etouffee plus an order of beignets.

Back to the watching the draft...

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm very happy with the Ellis deal. I'd rather have had Dorsey, but it sounds like they were going to have to break the bank to get him. The Ellis deal really didn't hurt our stockpile of picks, and we got the best player we could have realistically hoped for entering the day.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

thats one of those moves that still makes you break out in a cold sweat when you think of it.

nice. didnt give up nearly as much as was reported they were considering to go higher.

:hihi:

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

beignets without cafe au lait? Boy, we almost screwed them!

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Even though he went to USC, I think we are better off with Ellis, given the circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY wanted Dorsey to be a Who Dat, but I think what we offered was just way too much. There is a lot we can do with that 2nd round pick.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ellis and Dorsey were #1 and #2 DTs on most people's boards and some had Ellis ahead of Dorsey. Both disruptive forces both in the backfield and pressuring the QB. Just think Warren Sapp.

My hope is that Ellis will require double teaming on pass rushing downs, thus freeing up one of our ends.

I was hoping for Talib.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Good pick for the Saints. In related news the Jaguars aren't very smart.