2008 Signing Class (a solid class)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerN.L.A., Nov 15, 2007.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

the 4 heismans comment....basically telling JR he should just step to the side and know his role...with the attitude that the other players should just watch how its done...at least that's the way I took it. IMO, he needed an a$$ whippin after those comments.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Gotcha...probably still needs one. Dorsey, maybe??:hihi:

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Unfortunately, this usually happens either BEFORE they enter college...(depends on the upbringing)...or long after they leave college...and enter the real world. (not the show, dummies)

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Now back to the topic at hand.

Any other views on our recruiting class and where we go from here?

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I hate it when threads get re-railed!:cuss:

Anyway, I think it depends a lot on what happens with Michigan...and subsequently, Les. It will probably come down to NSD, or right before NSD...before we really have a grasp on what it's gonna be like for us on the recruiting scene. I mean, we'll have a GOOD class...but depending on what happens, we could wind up with a GREAT class...again.

Also, you would think it would help if we were to win the :crystal: ...but it doesn't seem to have helped UF...although I guess it did LAST year. I would've thought they would have a top 2 or 3 class so far THIS year, too.

6. islstl

Florida's recruiting class is limited to about 15 or so scholarships. So their problem is a numbers thing, not quality. Otherwise they are having one of the more successful recruiting seasons out of anyone.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Ahhh. Back under my recruiting rock, now.:( Didn't think of that.:lol:

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Yeah, I read somewhere that UF has the most kids listed in rivals250...or something like that. I will try to find where I saw that.

9. islstl

yeah, just like that year with saban/Miles (2005) when we only had 13.

We ended up with Perrilloux, Beckwith, LaFell, Al Jones, Ciron Black, Lyle Hitt, Ricky Jean-Francois, Trindon Holliday, Chris Hawkins and RJ Jackson. Not too shabby.

Stephen Korte and Antonio Robinson transferred I assume. Not sure where either ended up or how well they are doing.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only 16 scholarship seniors leave. Les dismissed three other players in the off season, so that increases our room under the 85 scholarship limit by four. I think we will sign 25 for sure, but if he gets a chance to sign a top-100 player he will sign up to 28. Someone always decommits. A few always fail to make grades. Someone will grayshirt. And Les occasionally withdraws an offer from a commitment who lied to him.