2009 Citrus Bowl Thread-LSU v Penn St.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Dec 28, 2009.

1. DeaconJohn

DeaconJohn Founding Member

Of course the ref's should be blamed for this abortion. That would take the blame off Miles and company. Everybody gets bad calls. (LSU had nine penalties before Penn State got it's first) but you work past that. And forget that the PAC-10 officials managed the game. They couldn't get the down right on that Penn State grounding call but hey, everybody makes mistakes! Right???

2. 13ignutz

13ignutz Freshman

He's a decent quarterback. Just not the guy thats going to put the team over the top.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Yes, it was. But it should never have gotten to that point. We were beat by a better team, and we made plenty of mistakes all around. Those factors usually don't add up to a win, as was the case here.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I agree... he played much better the second half, but to be fair there were drops all game that should've been caught. His handicap is the play caller.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The challenge was stupid. I assume he asked Ridley, Ridley said he was down. But it was stupid...not even worth taking the chance.
    -
    Other than that, the TOs were when PSU was near the goal line. They were willing to let the clock run out, then kick the FG. He had to take them then.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Name 3 better true sophomores...and come with facts.

7. 13ignutz

13ignutz Freshman

thats a weak excuse. Just because the rest of his class isnt better doesnt mean anything. FACT is JJ was horrible the first half. Had a decent second half.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This. He started off by throwing everything low...I assume the conditions had something to do with this. But there were no fewer than 5 drops of well thrown balls.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Thought so. You call MY post weak??:insane: I'll make it easier for you. Name 2.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I probably should re-watch the game but some of JJ's passes were dropped the first half if my memory is correct?
    It wasn't just JJ so I don't think he can get all the blame.
    I'll never understand why we tried to run the ball inside the whole first half though.