2009 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Apr 29, 2008.

1. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Well, we knew it wouldn't be long before someone had up the '09 mock draft. Gives draft pundits something to start working on after they effectively have nothing to do following the official draft weekend.

Anyway, how dare them not have a Tiger in the top 10, though Perloff admits Tyson Jackson could move up from the predicted #11 overall pick if he has an impressive season.

11. Cardinals --Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU -- Jackson had a disappointing '07 campaign, but he still has impressive physical skills and he may go even higher if he bounces back this season.

18. Bears -- Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU -- I really want to give the Bears a quarterback, but I think most of the QBs in this draft are second-rounders. Look for them to grab the best available receiver. Byrd hasn't produced yet, but has blazing 40 speed.

(I thought this was funny. Hasn't produced yet? How bout one of the most clutch catches in LSU history? Not to mention other outstanding catches last year, in his first year in the program. Byrd will be big time this year.)

http://fannation.com/blogs/post/185277?bcnn=yes

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The mock drafts I have seen have had Jackson going as high as 4th and Byrd being the first receiver taking.

I think big Herman Johnson will slip into the first round and if Ciron Black leaves he will probably go first round as well. Dont forget Beckwith either.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
    http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/2009_nfl_mock_draft.htm

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

#1 Oakland Raiders -- Ryan Perrilloux, QB, LSU

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

for a second i thought there might be a link.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

me thinks oher will be a top three pick.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

lauriniatis that high! no way. he's lucky (very lucky if he squeaks in the first round). hold me to this tirk.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

This one by McShay is sort of interesting.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'd seen that one. Interesting for sure. Fili as #1? He's good but I'll be surprised if that plays out. I do like Rey ahead of Laurinitis but don't see Cushing behind McRath or English.

9. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

Well, based on this thread you can definitely tell it's the off season :wink:

10. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Maybe Perrilloux to Oakland in 2010. But for all the crap we've put up with waiting for him to take the field as the starting LSU qb, we better have him for two more years!