2009 O-Line gets a new sense of purpose for 2010

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Jan 12, 2010.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I wish the media would press him a little more on some things though. Like getting an explanation on why what seems like more talented underclassmen don't get more oppurtunities, why we're not playing physical football anymore, is he happy where the defense is, even though we're giving up a lot of yards and allowing opposing offenses to stay on the field way to long IMO.

Of course, some would probalby be hard for him to answer, because he can't throw the players under the buss, but I'd like to hear him say something about those things.

I think he could still come up with something better than: "I'd like to see Shepard play more too."

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Neither would I, but he hasn't yet, so we have to take comfort in the fact that Miles knows what he is doing. I hope that this is a sign that Miles will assume much more control over the OL. It might not work still, but at least the OL should receive enough shake ups to look different from this past season.:geaux:

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I hope it works. A good O line could help LSU in many ways next year......

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

For me most of the problems start with the O-line. The LSU O-line this year was the worst since 1999 statistically. LSU averaged 122.8 yards rushing per game this season, which is the lowest total since 1999's 82.5 per game average (the lowest total since before 1950). The passing yardage this season was the lowest since 2002. Total Offense averaged 304.5 per game which was the lowest since 1999. Many problems with LSU's offense could and would be fixed by having a good offensive line.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

He usually is honest about the problems. Thing is though, will we see something about it? Every week he addressed all the problems on D two years ago, nothing was done. This year he addressed all the things about the O, but again, nothing was done. The coming season is very pivotal for Miles tenure at LSU.

6. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Remember that Porter has yet to announce an O-line coach at Memphis. we may not have to show him the door at all.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Wow, somebody has finally put 2 and 2 together. I've been saying the door hasn't been shut yet, and it is because this door is still open being one of the reasons. Also, my point in mentioning that Miles didn't mention Stud in the entire interview.

8. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Do I detect sarcasm?:wave:

In any case, It's hard work to continuously monitor Mephis' football site to see if they hired somebody, especially when the undead form of Mike DuBose is staring back at you.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

That would be very nice:)

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Betcha Stud stays until signing day.

Something tells me Stud gets another job by the end of that week.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal: