2010-2011 NBA SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

how bout them Mavs baby!!!

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

From one extreme to the other. The Knicks lose to Cleveland, but beat Miami.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The Knicks are still trying to find out who they are. Tonight's game against the Heat showed alot. Amare and Melo actually played defense with the game on the line and won the game because of it. Chauncey Billups hit the big shot and the Knicks held on to beat LeBron and Miami at their place.

I'm not ready to anoint the Knicks the new Sheriff in town....but they could be soon.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Mike Bibby's contract just got bought out by the Wizards which many believe is the first step to Bibby getting signed to the Miami Heat.

Power shift to the East, anyone?

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hornets clinch their spot in the playoffs by beating Houston last night, a nice comeback win after trailing by 17 at the quarter. With 4 games to play, the Bees hold the 6th position (tied with Portland, but NO has the tiebreaker) in the West, setting up for a series with Dallas. That's winnable, I think, as opposed to taking on LA if they drop to 7th.

6. LaSalleAve

Man I hope the Mavs end up with the Hornets. Would much rather play the Hornets than Portland.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Same for OKC, I think Dallas is trying to lose the 3 spot so they will trade with the Thunder and get Denver, which btw isn't a pushover either. The west should be fun to watch.

The heat won't make it out of the 2nd round.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I bet the Hornets are thinking the same thing about the Mavs, as opposed to the Lakers. Although the way they're playing right now, I wouldn't bet on the Hornets in a 7-game series with Cleveland.

Only way we get a Hornets/Mavs series is if, tonight: Dallas beats NO, the Kings beat LAL, and the Clippers beat the Grizzlies. That sets Dallas and NO as the 2-7 matchup.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm definitely ready for some NBA playoffs, seems like my interest in MLB falls a little further each year and football is still too far away. If guys like Lebron or Kobe turn you off for some reason, there are others like Durant or D.Rose that are unassuming yet fun to watch. The international presence continues to grow and actually (sadly) teaches me a little more about the world than I knew before.

If I could change any rules about the NBA:

1. Have a "one and one" free throw like college. NBA players can feel pressure (especially in playoffs) and would allow you to see more closely how they handle big moments. I'd even think about taking it a step further with all "in the act of shooting" fouls being a "one and one" - 3 pts shots being a "one and one and one". NBA players should be even better shooters than college, right? Make it even harder for them.

2. Adopt the international rules for goaltending. If the ball hits off the rim, anyone can touch it. It might even allow big men to become more dominant again. It would help us in international play and bring more excitement to NBA games. Guys are so athletic now that it could really change the way guys play near the rim.

3. Any shot further than halfcourt is worth 4 pts. Ok, I'm less serious about this one but could create some really exciting plays at end of games if that's your only option. Who knows, guys that normally wouldn't make it to the NBA could practice that shot enough to make 35-50% and even incorporate it into the game. I was too young when the 3 pt line was created (kind of remember college 3 pt line) but recall that it wasn't used nearly as much in the beginning as it is now.

10. LaSalleAve

Man I hate the NBA regular season, but the post season is probably top 2 in my opinion, behind the NFL's post season. I love college football's post season, when LSU is in a great bowl game, but that's really the only thing I care about. As far as overall post season, NBA is right up there. Was a very interesting weekend.