2010-2011 NBA SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2010.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The 1-1 rule is good for college because their shot clock is 35 as opposed to the 24 second clock in the NBA. I would absolutely disagree with 1-1 in the NBA. Play some defense if you want the ball back.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

There's usually more than one way to evaluate these types of potential matchups. Just to give you the background on my reasoning, Memphis lost their best player (Rudy Gay) to injury about a month ago and I don't think they can score enough to hang with OKC. They really don't have anyone that can replace Gay's scoring.

If OKC gets Memphis, they also get home court advantage rather than having to play up to four games at SA. The Spurs were nearly unbeatable at home this year.

I didn't see much of game 1 of Spurs/Grizz but watched the last two minutes. The Spurs were up by 6 with two minutes left and the Grizz were fortunate to steal one. I don't know much about Manu's injury but hear that he should be back at some point during the series. If he's closer to 100% by the 2nd round, I think the Spurs would be tough to beat in a 7 game series.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Any chance the Hornets can win another one in LA? The last 30 seconds of the half in game 1 was probably the most bizarre sequence I've ever seen. Kobe hits the tough fadeaway jumper, goes to the ground (Oscar nomination), CP3 calmly hits the 3 on the other end, and then Artest with the half court shot. Kobe continues to lay on ground, which makes the half court shot almost an after thought.

I think the Rockets won the first two games at LA during the Lakers championship in '09 and all the fans in Houston thought the series was over coming back home for games 3 and 4. Then, Yao goes down with his injury and the Lakers win in seven.

Whether the Hornets win or lose tonight, the scene should be electric for Good Friday night. Hopefully the Hornets can get another W tonight and put the Lakers out of their misery in The Big Easy. Something tells me it won't be that "easy" though. The NBA needs the Lakers in the finals this year.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

My Knicks have lost both playoff games by a total of 5 points. Even though they look like sh*t, are playing without Chauncey and Stoudemire, and can't play defense, somehow they are keeping the games close.

That being said, I have no delusions of grandeur that the Knicks will make it out of the 1st round. Hell, they may even get swept.

Around here, everyone is buzzing about the Hornets (pardon the pun). They are excited about tonight's game. They say that the Hornets are going to bury the Lakers. They think the Hornets can make some noise in the playoffs. All that is hilarious to me. The Lakers are going to blow the Hornets out tonight.....bad. Watch.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course the locals will say that about the hornets. thats what they do.
    lakers are probably favored by about 12 or so tonight. Chris Paul will not be able to repeat his performance even though fisher is too slow and gasol is too big to guard him.

but that was a text book performance on how a point guard should play game 1. makes basketball enjoyable when you see an elite pg run the show.

lakers by 14.

knicks take the broom up the keister.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I can't see the Hornets winning tonight. The good thing is, even if they lose, they still have taken away the home court advantage. As long as they don't get absolutely skunked tonight, you have to think they're feeling like they've got the upper hand coming home for 3 and 4.

7. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

looking like it could be 2-2 hornets/lakers going back to LA. If N.O. can hold on for 2 mins. And all the so called experts had this series being a cake walk for the Lakers. Not say we win the series but we are making LA earn it. Gotta love playoff basketball.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I hope the Hornets can hang on.....33 seconds left and Hornets are up by 2. Landry fouled out.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fans have been complaining for years about the terrible officiating and they haven't done ish about that, except make the problem worse by giving those chodes more power. And why is it that 3 active, and 1 inactive official all went to the same high school? The 1 inactive was Donaghey. If there is one conspiracy theory i actually believe in, it's that David Stern directs the officials to control games and heavily influence their outcomes.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1-0 Mavs, homecourt is now ours. Gonna be a brutal series, but I like what I see so far.