2010-2011 SEC Bowl Games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Oct 2, 2010.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Yes, it's early but we're one win from being bowl eligible and I'm looking for something to take my mind off our horrible offense.

It's looks like the Independence was dropped and the Gator added. The Birmingham Bowl is the former PapaJohns.com Bowl. (They can't find a sponsor.) I hope we NEVER have to go there. I would rather just end the season than go to Birmingham.

12/30 - Music City / Nashville (ACC/SEC)
    12/31 - Liberty / Memphis (C-USA/SEC)
    12/31 - Chick-fil-A / Atlanta (ACC/SEC)
    01/01 - Outback / Tampa (Big 10/SEC)
    01/01 - Capital One / Orlando (Big 10/SEC)
    01/01 - Gator / Jacksonville (Big 10/SEC)
    01/04 - Sugar / New Orleans (BCS/BCS)
    01/07 - Cotton / Arlington (Big 12/SEC)
    01/08 - Birmingham / Birmingham (Big East/SEC)

I wish the SEC would look for a bowl game which would help the SEC West. A game in Houston or San Antonio would be nice. The Outhouse Bowl likes to screw us so I hope we never play there.

The Capital One pays well but what a dump that place is. I like Orlando but the stadium, surrounding area, transportation, field, etc. are horrible!

We've recently played several games in the Georgia Dome so I would like to go somewhere else this year.

It would be great to get our offense in gear and maybe make a BCS bowl but if not, I'm hoping for the Gator or Cotton.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If we can't make the BCS gimme the Cotton at Jerry World. We have to open the season there, so it would a nice treat for LSU fans in Dallas to have 2 LSU games in a row played there.

3. PURPLE TIGER

I was thinking about it too but wonder if they'll shy away from us since they know we'll be there versus Oregon to start the season. Will they be concerned about tickets or will they have confidence we'll travel well both times?

It would be great for recruiting to play there twice in nine months. :thumb:

4. PURPLE TIGER

12/30 - Music City / Nashville (ACC/SEC)
    12/31 - Liberty / Memphis (C-USA/SEC)
    12/31 - Chick-fil-A / Atlanta (ACC/SEC)
    01/01 - Outback / Tampa (Big 10/SEC)
    01/01 - Capital One / Orlando (Big 10/SEC)
    01/01 - Gator / Jacksonville (Big 10/SEC)
    01/04 - Sugar / New Orleans (BCS/BCS)
    01/07 - Cotton / Arlington (Big 12/SEC)

01/10 - BCS Championship (BCS/BCS)
    01/08 - Birmingham / Birmingham (Big East/SEC)

We're bowl eligible and can probably now eliminate the Music City and Birmingham Bowls. A few more wins and this may really start to get exciting. I want to go somewhere new this year. Tempe would be nice! :grin: