2010 Arkansas Game Thread CBS, CBSSports.com, 2:30

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 26, 2010.

1. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Yes, congrats to Arkansas. They came to win. We did not. Can't blame it on any individual player. It was a group effort by players and staff alike. Arkansas deserved the win, we deserve the loss. 10-2, I'd call that a successful season.:geauxtige

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree

Defense gave up 462 yards another bad game by them

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

they really did

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

5. longing4saba

longing4saba Freshman

:cuss::cuss::cuss:$1m a year and thats the best red zone play calling we can get?? How long do we stay with the worst QB in the SEC?? I feel sorry for many of the seniors who deserved a real bowl game. How much money did the hail mary TD cost the program?? Imagine if LSU was coached by (fill in the blank) today....

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

GC isn't a pimple on Jim Haslets arse. Plus one is a DC and one an OC.

7. longing4saba

longing4saba Freshman

And we can't blame it all on the weak OC. Miles makes the big bucks and he ultimately has to bear the responsibility.... On the bright side we can look forward to another season of Jefferson's smart play.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well that just about sucked. Congrats to the Hogs, they wanted it more. Great season by the Tigers. Our deficiences caught up to us and we were out everything. That said a 10-2 season is great now lets regroup and kick somebodies azz in whatever bowl we get.To all the idiots who only show up to rub it in the regular Tiger/Miles supporters faces after a loss, for the record just STFU AND GFY.

9. nattan

nattan Freshman

The Hogs didnt want it more, too many LSU players showed they wanted it just as bad as the Hogs. What didnt happen is good offensive plays that kept the LSU defense off the field.

All year its been the same kind of games, offense tries their best to give games away, defense keeps em close enough for the other team to blink and LSU find a way to barely win. I told a Hog friend of mine they would beat LSU this year for exactly the reasons they did, poor offensive plays, mostly from poor play calling and disastrously unintelligent qb-ing.

Jefferson may have an arm, but he plays at a high school level overall. He cannot think past what's foremost in his mind or on his agenda card. My wife called it - "he spends the whole game looking for guidance from the sidelines". He looks and plays like someone still in high school, his whole demeanor is of someone that is very football, slow thinking. He would be another Russell in the pros, even if he spent several more years as a starter. He just cannot think out on his feet. Why not put Lee in the game as starter, let him progress, let him learn. I truly believe he would surpass Jefferson in successes.

A good quarterback can ACT like he's in control regardless if a coach-called play works or not, as Mallett did. He looked like he knew where he & his teammates were on the field, where he had to put the ball, where his targets were, vs throwing bullets thru walls of arms or firing off bombs hoping a player would run under them and get it. Too many times players were put directly in positions of getting hammered, too many plays running up the middle where there was no room to maneuver, much less gain some yardage. Its as if the mindset all day was, "here....you take it! This is what the play called for, I dont know what else to do, you do the rest. Don't expect me to make spot decisions on my feet!" :rolleye33:

2 people like this.