2010 Draft. Which TIgers would help Saints?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by hklsu777, Apr 11, 2010.

1. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

I think if the Saints could choose two Tigers from this years team Chad Jones would be my first choice and Keiland Williams would be a GREAT use of the 7th round pick. Chad may even turn out to be a very good outside LB (just a wild thought) and KW didn't have a chance to show a lot at LSU relative to other RBs as LSU. He hasn't been beaten up (as much) in the SEC and is a great receiver which adds value to the Saints.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I agree with you on these two guys. Great first post, btw.

I also like Ciron Black and I think a Richard Dickson (waivers) could be nice additions as well. Truthfully I'd love to see any of the Tigers on the Saints roster. I love it when a tiger ends up a Saint.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

3rd & goal at the 1 yard line...Charles Scott takes the handoff from Brees...Touchdown Saints! Saintslogo

4. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

Thanks Cajun,

Ciron would be a good add as a guard (as the Saints are loaded at OT, IMHO.)

Wouldn't mind the DT out of La. Tech either. I agree with you that locals do well for any team.

Look at how Archie, Willie Roaf, Dalton Hilliard and Eric Martin (one of my favorite Saints of old.)

It'll be interesting.

Kevin.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I think Charles Scott,Chad Jones, Harry Coleman and been hearing alot of ppl talk about him lately Al Woods so him too. I think D'Anthony Smith could be a late option

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ciron Black at guard is interesting. And if he is available in the 6th (Saints don't have a 5th at this point and 4th is too early), I think we just might pull the trigger. The Saints need another Guard for depth. He could be a good project pickup.

Chad Jones, would have to fall to the end of the 3rd for me. If he does, then yes he is worth taking a chance. I think he is destined to be a strong safety, as he has no instincts whatsoever to play the FS position (he couldn't at LSU, the NFL gets 10 times tougher to play that position). I think he will excel inside the box and blitzing QBs.

Roman Harper is an ok strong safety, so Chad Jones could potentially take over his spot in 2-3 years I suppose.

Charles Scott. I hope he blows it up in the NFL. I just don't know how he'll do. After the 2008 season, I would have said he was early to mid 2nd round at worst. Now, who knows. I feel bad for him, as he has lost out on a lot of money not declaring as a Junior. Ciron Black was an even worse case as he was projected in the first round.

Don't count out Harry Coleman. I really think he can actually have a decent to good career in teh NFL. I don't think we were aver able to take full advantage of his skill set at LSU (recurring theme, unfortunately for LSU in the past 2 years). Does he play strong or free? I think he probably ends up strong as well, his tackling ability and an untapped potential to get to the QB makes him an alluring pick at some point late in the draft.

Perry Riley is a WLB and we have about 20 of those already. So that pick doesn't look logical.

1 person likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Harry Coleman in that hybrid Linebacker role (he could be the next Cato June), and Perry Riley. Also i agree with CS, i think Dickson would be amazing in that David Thomas, Heath Evans role playing fullback and tight end.

8. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

Just thought of another not mentioned.

Trendon Holliday as a free agent for k/o and punt returns?

I know he's small, but who knows?

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't see a simgle one of them sticking to the Saints roster. Maybe Ciron Black, but that's it.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Interesting but he would take away a roster spot from someone else and the Saints aren't in bad shape in that department. (Courtney Roby)

Roby had a great return against Minnesota that set up a TD. Later (after he was injured) P. Thomas had a great return to set up the game-winning FG.

Holliday could be the next "Beer Man". :wink: