2010 July Camp Visitors

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Raven is battling a hamstring injury which may hold off an offer from the staff at this time. Something we will have to keep our eyes on.

Still looking good for Martin and Jenkins.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

It will be terrible if we let Raven get away. 6'2 and 4.4 corners dont happen every year.

3. bhelmLSU

I don't want him to slip away either but no denying he is all LSU if we commit even if it comes later in the year. Maybe he still gets that offer when he meets with Les on Wednesday. However, if they staff feels they have a shot at 4* CB Charles Jackson out of Klein, TX I would be all for it. He is tearing up the camp.

4. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I don't like the fact Rasco has been ducking every promised appearance at LSU the past few months...

5. bhelmLSU

He never promised though. I would like to see him here as well but this is more of he has seen everything at LSU many times and him being on the road for 7on7 next week. I know he has contact with many of the LSU commits and was talking to Freak about possibly coming down for a day.

He will play it out and he may choose elsewhere but he hasn't promised anything.

6. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

BhelmLSU, what are our chances with Rasco? I think it is between us and Texas right? Texas is loaded for their Recruiting Class for this year.

!twocrystals!

7. bhelmLSU

Pretty good but seems like he is taking a backseat right now and is really going to get involved with his recruitment down the road.

I would say LSU, Texas , and Alabama have a shot at this point with LSU holding the edge.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Bastrop lost the coach who would have gotten him to the camp. This guy was one of my best friends who kept me informed about Rueben and D-Lo and basically told me the real story of when the isht hit the fan. He had not yet passed the certification exam (had taken it but was awaiting results...he passed). A couple months prior, he had been promoted to Offensive Coordinator. He found out he had been removed when he read the article about Bastrop hiring a new OC from Alexandria Senior High. He got his test results and is now the OC at Carroll and they immediately got much better offensively. Anyway, I said all that to say, the kids don't have him to push and get them to camps like they had in years passed. Now they're lucky to make one.

BTW, Jevante made the Ole Miss camp because Marshay Green made sure he got there. Bastrop is just now placing a number of players on the team. Hopefully those guys take pride in getting kids from their high school alma mater to their college alma mater like Marshay did for Ole Miss.

Claude Wroten isn't exactly an ambassador...

9. bhelmLSU

Here are some guys who had a great camp and could earn an offer at some point.

S TK Fleming (Committable Offer?)
    ATH/CB Jalen Collins -- MS
    DT Chuck Hunter
    DT Jordan Williams -- FL
    CB Bakari Hollier -- Acadiana
    DB Paul Turner -- West Monroe QB
    C Monte Golden -- NC

DB Floyd Raven could get that offer tomorrow but the staff may wait since they have never seen him at CB in person.

2012 ATH Justin Thomas out of Prattville, AL earned an offer. He is replacing Sam Gibson at QB this year.

I am sure there were some other 2012 prospects who were offered but no official reports yet.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Man, if these guys commit and with the corners and safeties like Vinson, Matthieu, Simon, etc. from this year's class, it really looks like we'll have defensive backs coming out of our wazoo in the near future.

It's gonna get crowded back there real soon.