2010 OLB Pat Swilling Jr

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Football and basketball prospect out of Brother Martin HS still has not made a decision on what sport he will play in college. But it seems that he has decided it will be only one, at least for now.

He says all the schools recruiting him for basketball are also interested in him for football.

Right now we are not really sure what position he will project at in college but it will likely be the defensive side of the ball. Safety or OLB IMO.

Tenn is the only school to offer him in football so far but Miles and staff have talked to him and they him know we want him on the football field.

LSU is thought to be the leader for his services.

2. bhelmLSU

He says he has offers from LSU for both football and basketball from LSU.

He wants to play CB and he said LSU would let him play both sports if he wanted to. He could still end up at S or LB as well.

Ole Miss seems to be another team hot on his trail but I still think LSU leads if we want him.

3. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

we might have to rename our linebacker corp if he commits to the valley control lmao

1 person likes this.
  4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Awesome. I had wondered about Swilling. He's a pretty decent hoops player from what I've seen, though not as highly regarded as some of the current LSU LA hoops prospects. Nevertheless, an athletic 6'4" 205 SG who averages 20+ ppg in a good hoops district, from N.O., is a very nice pick up for Trent and he wouldn't have to count against the limited 2010 spots... Hoops/football is probably the toughest two-sport track, but certainly not impossible. I think more than anything, it's a good testament to the culture of sports/coaches at LSU and good recruiting goodwill testament.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Even though he has the bloodlines, I'm surprised he received an offer in football. We just have so many great athletes to choose from I didn't think him or McKnight (a little off track) would get an offer. This class if filling up fast, especially since the last camp.

6. bhelmLSU

I do not think they are official offers for either one of them. I know that McKnight only got a verbal and a request for him to get evaluated at camp.

I am sure the staff wants to stick to their plan and get as many CBs down to the July camp as possible so they can see who they want to extend official offers to.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I wish we could change the terminology so that offer means offer and anything else is just an invitation to stay in touch with the coaches and attend camp to be evaluated.

How about this:

Invitation.

Offer.

Verbal Commit.

Signed Letter of Intent.

8. bhelmLSU

That would be too easy.:lol:

I am sure most of the prospects like it how it is because when they compare offers with each other they don't have to feel bad when he said "Damn Man, I just got an invitation".

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You forgot

Intent to defraud ...... (a Janzen Jackson)

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Great point.

You mean this isn't all about me and my internet obsession? GTFO...