2010 Prospect Watch/Offers Page

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 12, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

OL Chad Lindsay out of Texas says he recieved offers from LSU, Bama, UGA, Tenn, and Auburn this summer.

He came in for a LSU camp already.

He is 6-4 305lbs with a 5.4 40.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The offers at this point are all verbal. When are colleges allowed to make committable offers?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not exactly sure but I think sometime in September.

4. Stevelsu35

Stevelsu35 Founding Member

I've heard how amazing Seastrunk is, and I'd like to add that Fobbs has that it factor. He can play DB too.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

In addition to this season's record, I was wondering how next year's recruiting will be affected by this year's recruiting efforts.

We'll be loaded at most positions so I can see other coaches trying to recruit Louisiana talent by suggesting they'll have to sit the bench at LSU for several years. The downside to having a great recruiting class is the potential to follow it up with an average class.

What will it take to keep these classes in the top ten each year? I know we have the facilities, fans, tradition, :crystal::crystal:...but what else needs to happen to stay atop a competitive SEC?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Our record should not affect Louisiana recruiting at all, but it will affect our ability to recruit nationally some. However, we've got a lot of good connections to our primary recruiting grounds - East Texas, Mississippi, and West Florida. Those connections will go a long way in maintaining great recruiting.

Assuming we win at least 8 games this year, we will still be able to land a top 15 class. It may not be as great as this years, but it will be very good.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

When you at the top of the game other coaches will use the stockpile of talent against you all the time. Also, players look at depth charts and stuff on their own and many don't need to have other coaches put those thoughts in their mind. OSU, Tex. Florida, USC, etc. all have to deal with that every year. So do we. You don't think the coaches have pointed out the amount of dlinemen we have on our roster and how good they are. You don't think other coaches have pointed out that none of our RB's are seniors and that Murphy is a sophomore? You think rival coaches have shown recruits a list of the WR's we have and read them the press clippings?

It's our coaches job to convince these recruits that LSU is the best place for them, that they will develop them and give them every chance to compete for playing time and to be a starter eventually. We might lose a prospect or two because of the depth in every class, but since we are LSU we are on the minds of more recruits than ever around the country so we more guys we can get.

9. TexasFight

TexasFight Freshman

Joseph Okafor is related to a strong Texas commit, Alex Okafor. Also related to Emeka Okafor.

If Alex comes, I think Joseph comes. Says on Rivals that Boston College is his #1 choice right now, though.

10. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

How good is Travis Dickson TE/DE? He's Richard Dickson's brother and Scout is saying he's one of the best in Mississippi.

I got to think we have a very good chance at him.