2010 WR Armand Williams COMMITTED TO LSU (LOI)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 30, 2010.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Looks solid, reminds of the Boone video. Nice pickup. I agree with LSU not waiting.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am getting more and more excited about him based on the comments made by LSU fans who had seen him play over the years and know him well as a person. He is a solid strong athlete who looks very promising."Armand is a good student, very intelligent and a natural leader". The fact that he came from a run oriented HS team means that he may already have a head start on blocking. I feel very optimistic about this recruit.

......he also loves to be at LSU!twocrystals!

Star rankings are sometimes for the birds...out of HS Javier Arenas was a 2 star.....me no worry here:wave:

1 person likes this.
  3. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Good thing he knows how to run the bubble screen:lol:

I agree, looks good, glad to pick up another that really wanted to be a tiger!

4. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

Can we not bring this kind of crap to the recruiting forum? Thanks..

Anyways, seems like a nice pickup. I can see him succeeding next to our speedsters at WR.

2 people like this.
  5. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

you mean like the crap link I brought to make every one feel better about the pick up we just made? and what speed receivers are you referring to? Tolliver is the only semi fast receiver we have and they may not ever see a play together. James Wright is another possession type receiver.

6. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Lighting fast speed is easy to get caught up with, as an aspect to recruiting. I remember Xavier Carter was going to be the greatest thing since slice bread. However, the best receiver I can think of over the last decade was Josh Reed. Really having 4.5 speed and running perfect routes with a QB that has the timing down is all you need. Just ask Bowe and Doucet.

7. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

I agree. I don't think we have that much speed at receiver, unless we move Shep there, but i'm cool with that. I like how LSU recruits big receivers.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Trindon Holliday was pure speed. He was not a great (or even a good) receiver.

Track speed is overrated for a WR, and I think the coaches give far more credence to "football speed" because of that. How good is the kid's vision, is he agile, can he make a cut and then accelerate, can he take a hit and fall forward, can he block, can he time a catch at the "highest point", etc.?

I'm no expert. But anything under 4.6 is damned fast.

Remember. The receiver knows where he's going. The cornerback doesn't. That's why corners need 4.5 speed.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Very well said. For a WR track speed is only needed on go routes. Guys like Rice and Irvin werent that fast but they were very quick. Ran good routes. Those attributes are far more important to a WR than pure speed.

10. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We do need a legitimate deep threat tbh.. but he'll fill in nicely as a #3 posession WR one day.