2010 WR Armand Williams COMMITTED TO LSU (LOI)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Wow, that really tells me that he slipped throught the cracks all this recruiting season.:eek:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Beat me to it. He just hands the ball to the ref and moves on.

Brett created a forum for your snide little cheap shots at the staff. Please use it.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well. I agree that Williams is probably the diamond in the rough this season.

However, Emfinger is not exactly an unbiased operation. I take his ratings with a TBS of salt.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Rivals said they never got his senior season film and that he's likely a 4* talent. Great pickup :wave:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sent in LOI.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I never have insight into recruiting, but here's a twist to the "My wife's girlfriend's hairdresser said she heard that..." theme concerning Armand Williams.

Somewhere in the recruiting threads it was mentioned that Armand Williams said he had a legitimate shot at starting as a freshman. Well....

I had to go pick up My daughter, who plays JV basketball for Fontainbleu High school at the gym and they were playing Slidell High. While I was waiting for her court side so she could go get her gym bag from the girls locker room, I saw that the Slidell men's b ball coach was an acquaintance of mine who's dad is a daily customer of mine.

So I asked him which one of his players that were warming up was Armand Williams. He said "#31." then I asked him "Can he really catch well or is he just a big fast kid who plays end?" He looked me in the eye and said "He really can catch and I know that despite him having no film, ths LSU coaches are really high on him. In fact, they told him that he has a chance of starting as a freshman."

Because this came from one of his coaches, I believe that he really was told that by one of the LSU coaches. I don't think it was some youthful optimism that came from the kid himself. And it doesn't sound like something they had to tell the kid so he would sign with LSU because he was flying under the radar and committed to LSU immediately when they offered.

I don't know if he really will start, but it will be interesting to see if he plays much as a true freshman. It also indicates that maybe, the offensive coaches are willing to put the best athletes on the field regardless of their academic class this year.

Hmmmm....

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont think they lied to him, Boone passes the eye test, but Williams maybe the best athlete out of the lot of WRs this year. This guy has a 42inch vertical and has great hands from what i hear. If he can run routes, I do expect him to get alot of playing time in the 4 wide set we run sometimes. I think only 1 guy out of the 4 redshirts next year.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Good info Steve.

I know the LSU coaches said something similar to all the WRs we recruited. The staff said we have a favorable depth chart and will need help next year from this class and you have a chance of playing next year if you work hard.

I expect 2 or maybe even 3 to take redshirts.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Maybe we're planning on using more three receiver sets...