2011 C Ethan Hutson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

4* OL prospect on Rivals from Destrehan. Named the top OL at the Baton Rouge Nike Camp about a month ago and holds offers from Colorado, Tulsa, Tulane, and ULM. Also interest from Arky, SMU, and Utah.

Going to be a numbers game but I would love to bring him on as a center. Has a nasty streak which I love and seems to excel on pulling plays.

Videos here:

YouTube - EthanHutson's Channel

2. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Center could be a need if T Bob doesnt step up or Longeran doesn't produce. Any chance we offer him?

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Well to be honest there is going to be quite a gap... T-bob will be senior and Lonergan will be a junior when this class hits campus. Probably time to look at a center. My only concern is foot speed, he is nasty though, he wants to hit someone. I wouldn't want 5 of him on the line though, it would be a penalty every play. :)

Well, I would say this could be the best OL ever for LSU if they sign them all.

4. bhelmLSU

I have seen more than a few people mention penalties but to me it looks like he is playing to the whistle like he should be. Refreshing to see from an OL when a majority of them make their initial block and walk while watching the rest of the play.

Plus that video is from a spring game. I would also assume he has been patiently waiting to finally knock on someone other than his teammates.

5. bhelmLSU

The LSU staff probably wants to see if the center position works out for Cameron Fordham as well.

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I am also kind of concerned of getting to loaded in one place. I mean to me that is what happened to the RB and WR position there for a few years, then we couldn't get anyone which kind of hurt the balance of a few classes IMHO.

I don't think 5 is out of the question, it's going to be interesting to see how the camp goes and if they offer. If we are at 11 right now the slots are winding down quick.

7. bhelmLSU

I get what you are saying and it will be a big if that we take 5 OL in one class this year given the numbers.

I think we end it with Greg Robinson.

But in reality 5 OL in most years is not a ton especially given our recent departures at the position here at LSU. I would say 3-4 OL is the average each class across the country. So adding one or 2 more in times of need is not really stacking a position since you are targeting different types of OL for all 5 positions on the OL. If you are going to load a position it would be the OL.

8. bhelmLSU

LSU doesn't seem too interested from what I hear.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

If there is one place I would allow for us to chance losing future recruits while stocking up it is the OL. This year the state is loaded with talent on the line. Normally we have to go out of state, usually Texas to fill out our class. I'm not saying we should take Hutson, but just making a general observation that both the DL and OL recruits in-state this year are the deepest I can recall in years. I think we should back up the truck and take as many as we logically can. "Football games are won in the trenches".--someone smart said that--not sure who. But Keith Jackson said "one of the big uglies reared up on his hind legs and got a big ole paw on it," and that I do know.:grin:

10. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

We have 3 Centers on the roster this upcoming year. I only want to see us take this guy if T-Bob injury turns out to be worse than thought...or he gets booted off the team for off the field issues...