2011 DT Gerrand Johnson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUFan1950, Feb 19, 2010.

1. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I was reading where Rayville High School has a couple of pretty good Defensive Players one of them is Johnson. But when I went to his profile he did not have any offers yet. I know just because he has only one star is that Scout did not rate him yet.

Will Gerrand Johnson be an top prospect?

Scout.com: Gerrand Johnson Profile

!twocrystals!

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Rankings are not really out yet beyond the top guys yet. He looks to be a decent prospect but likely a 3* to start. He will be on our board but we will have a handful of guys higher on our board. This year we will see a lot of good LA prospects head OOS because we can only take so many our of our great class this year. He could be a guy that does.

3. Mr.RaYvillE

Mr.RaYvillE Freshman

he is a beast and a real game changer. He will be a senior this year and by the end of it his name will be out there more. He has the grades and talent to go anywhere so hopefully he will stay under the radar so no one else will snatch him up.

4. bhelmLSU

The problem for Johnson is the depth at DT in LA.

Already have Freak on board and then we have at least 2 DTs higher on our board with offers.

Quentin Thomas and Mickey Johnson

Then you have Chuck Hunter out of WM who likely has the upper edge over Gerrand given our ties to WM and he is a nice prospect.

Maybe we see Thomas as a DE though but we are still facing a numbers game. I think we take 3 DTs at the most and I haven't even mentioned the OOS prospects. We will likely stick to LA for DT talent though.

Something has to happen for an offer to come his way and it could happen if we miss out on our targets.

I would love for it to workout in his favor though because I hate to see top talent leave the state.

5. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

BhelmLSU is 100% right, talking about Chuck Hunter, we would take him over Johnson, just for the fact that Coach Don Shows is a big time recruiter for LSU. Coach Shows is very close to the LSU football program. Coach Shows wanted Luther Davis to come to LSU.

!twocrystals!

6. 07Tiger

07Tiger Founding Member

Why did he commit to ULM this early with all the offers he has? per Scout.com

7. bhelmLSU

This could be a case where he claimed more offers than he really had or he wanted to stay really close to home.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Perhaps he wanted to stay in state and didn't think LSU would offer? I can tell you that the listing of offers on Scout is not always totally accurate. There was a player from Hahnville when Saban was at LSU that Scout said had an offer. When he signed with another team I questioned the football coach about it who I knew well and was an LSU fan. The coach told me he never had an offer to LSU. The kid is now in the NFL by the way.

9. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Mind sharing who?

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Darius Reynaud. He went to West Virginia and played with Pat White instead. He didn't pass the eye ball test out according to his high school coach. Last I heard he played for the Vikings.