2011 DT Mickey Johnson COMMITTED TO LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Glad I was wrong. I was thinking after LSU pushed for him to make a decision last month and he didn't that LSU was focusing their attention elsewhere. But does cover a need and doesn't put all of our eggs with Jernigan. Jernigan is still in the picture but this doesn't help any.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Most likely Jernigan has not given us anything to go on so we pulled the trigger on Johnson.

I think the Jernigan ship has sailed.

3. bhelmLSU

I agree with not much to go on because he keeps it close to the vest but the coaches are still in constant contact with him and the family. He may not end up here but we will be in the picture up until NSD.

4. memphisplaya87

memphisplaya87 Freshman

FWIW The call this morning surprised the entire staff. Main reason it was accepted is Les didn't like the success Ark was having with LA DT's. He doesn't want another west team having success in LA. So when TN pulled out last night we decided this morning right as the phone rang that we would take the commit.

Glad we did because he has a ton of upside. Also this in no way effects anyone left on board. Just means there will be a Greyshirt giving out.

5. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

If MJ even qualifies.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

7. bhelmLSU

Good to know... I had a feeling it was sort of up in the air and that is why I never counted him completely out of the picture. I am happy the staff took him in the end.

8. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

Im sorry,

But if this kid is not a 5 Star DT, I should stop watching football. First, i'd like to apologize to Mickey for not thoroughly doing my research.

But don't blame Jernigan one bit. Their games or identical. Low frame. Wide Build, instant punch off of the line. Penetrate, cause havoc, and make a play.

I was in love with Jernigan myself, but after watching this film, I'm convinced that Johnson and Johnson will go down in history on that LSU front line.

This is an upcoming nightmare for all of those who dare to face dem Tigers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQu7QA8oxTA]YouTube - Mickey Johnson Junior Defensive Tackle highlights 09-10[/ame]

Through in Rasco and this is just about damn ridiculous..

Wake up on March 11 :)

9. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

espn has him at number 11. I don't really buy into the star ranking, because those stars aren't always right. Countless examples show this. don't worry, we'll have a lot from this class contributing.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He's not even 6 foot tall.